Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mxt vs Garrett GTAx 1250

A

Anonymous

How do these stack up against each other. I have the Garrett but don't seem to hit on targets over 3". I live in East Texas and the soil is rich in iron ore.

Terry,
I haven't hunted in Texas since about 1989, and then it was only spotty about the big state, however ....
I never recalled encountering anything as ugly so far as ground minerals there compared with the stuff we have to deal with here in NW Oregon. There are a few parks close to me where the grass layer is very thin. Maybe

Slow process, but I just have to buy and replace them. MXT is the last one that In have to replace.
<EM><STRONG>Monte

worth the effort to post the serial numbers and what
the machines were?
HH Richard'nTn

If you don't mind my asking, were your detectors insured? If so, was the insurance company favorable to giving you a fair value for your loss?
Years ago, we engraved our liscence number opn everything that could be carried away. I was wondering the other day if that would be a good practice on metal detectors? I realize it may kill the resale value, but I'm not interested in selling. Is it safe and practical to do that these days?