Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My 1st hunt today with my new Simplex and I dig this from schoolyard. 14k

Nokta did the detecting community a favor by making and pricing the simplex. The big names are going to have to take notice or close up shop imo.

Most midrange detectors will hit anything the flagships will. Once the honeymoon is over with the flagships $$ and you settle on the personal settings you like you hardly ever mess with it. The best detector is your ears and in between. Keep your coil to the soil.

A you tube video made here in the uk pitted a top machine against an entry level machine in real world conditions,ie,the tester took both machines to a new field and compared each signal he found to see which machine performed better.The entry level machine has a sensitivity and discrim knob and the results add weight to what was said in the two previous posts to this one.Yes,over a thousand targets the high end detector would probably find a few more but the high end detector was over a thousand pounds while the entry level detector was less than 200 and in the mentioned test it didn't find anything the entry level machine couldn't.
You don't need to spend thousands of pounds on a high end detector to get great results.....higher costs don't always mean higher finds rates.