Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My best Racer find so far! :cool:

DigFella

As many know, I have been testing the Racer at beaches cause I'm in frozen New England.
When I don't find much, I do fresh burials which seem to have got some attention. Well, last week I drove a good distence to a beach that has WW2 relics mixed in.
My first target was a 50 cal machine gun shell, then 3 war-era wheats as I raced low tide. After several more shells, we headed back to cars & I got a 44 on the racer. Hoping that was gold ring range I dug the WWII dog tag pictured below. I posted it amid a handful of finds on Facebook, & within an hour Purple Hearts Reunited had the soldier IDed & was working on finding the family. Just a few hours after it was dug, the soldiers son was located & we had photos and newspaper clippings. He had a distinguished career. Here's a few highlights.
Pearl Harbor survivor where he operated a ground machine gun and was wounded, the Battle of Midway, where he was a turret gunner in a B-17, was credited for shooting down 8 Japs, and won the Silver Star. We are now setting up a "return" that may get a lot of press for the hobby....
HH

AWESOME!! Love reading this type of thread!! :cheers:

[size=medium]Very nice find Bill.
That was an even nicer story.
It's great that the guys son will be getting it returned to him.[/size]

Wow Man...gives me the shivvers...What a great find and the history behind it...Keep us up to date on the status of this please..:clapping:
Mud

That is a great find. Congratulations on the find and the future return.

It is amazing that after all of these years you can find that where you found it and the dog tags are so cool and then getting in touch with the family is just the right thing to do..great job

VERY well done Bill!!!!!!!!!! And VERY good for the hobby as well. This will make for a very special moment for the family of the WW2 soldier!!!! This is awesome! kevin

Awesome find and great video. There's nothing like finding and item you can get back to the owner or their family. Thanks for sharing, Tim