Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MY CHARGING CLIP COIL IS BAD BUT....

The coil cover has to be near perfect, The clip has to go right on top of the coil points. Sliding the clip until it makes contact with the coil points will eventually break the clip. Just the way it is.
I put a small amount of glue where the clip points seat. Hoping it acts as a brace. So far, so good. I also have a spare just in case.

Goodmore,

When I got my Deus in April 2011, I noted that the weak link was going to be the charging clip and got a spare before disaster struck. It also comes in handy when I have used both coils and can charge both at the same time.

PryorCreekJoe

If you need a quick fix for this
I took a pin from the wife's sewing kit and prodded it in the clip hole where the pin was missing
The bent the pin and managed to put it on the coil
This then gave me a continuance light and charged the coil
I know this not a permanent fix but it got me going for another three hunts whilst I wait for a new clip
Back street garage job