Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My :detecting:ATX modified

tifred

Hello

My name is Fred and I am in France

I buy a iATX garrett in poor condition, and I modified.

Coil is garrett infinium DD 5X10

hi,
it is difficult to speak English to me, but I will try with google traductor.
Here is the photo of the ATX I buy it.
I buy ATX in poor condition is a small price.
I install the pcb in a plastic case.
I put a layer of graphite inside the casing (33 graphit)
I set the box on a white cane's xlt. an external battery.
8x 1.5 volts.
the coil is garrett 5X10 infinium
the original coil is out of order
The original control handle has been cut by the previous owner,
I fitted into the wrist cane XLT.
EXCUSE ME FOR MY BAD ENGLISH ...
Thank

Looks good! Very nice, well balanced too.

I like it!
Paul

the sea hunter mk2 8" mono coil works on the atx . i tried it a month ago . but as i didn't have a atx 8" mono to test it against too see what or if there was any difference . i cant say . all i can say it works ,,,

nice mod on the atx : tifred

thank you for your comments :thumbup:

very good info for the coil sea hunter, but his works really well for ATX?

its weight and 3.7 ib, really lightweight.

I'll try to make the original coil ,But I need advice for winding ...

Here are the photos of the damaged coil I repaired

I use a piece of the case to repair the coil.

I use a soldering iron to weld the piece,

Here is the satisfactory result:)

Tifred, Maybe you should contact Garrett about engineering job. At least maybe a service representative in your Country.
Good luck and a good job.

Dancer

Hi there :). Wondering if you have the "wiring diagram" for the ATX coil? I have figured it out for a DD coil on the Infinium if this is helpful? Would be good to know.... Internal resistors added to wiring? Number of turns I each part of the coil etc?

How did you remove the wire / epoxy??

Great job on the modifications!

Just a heads up ............the seahunter mark2 coil has a much different conductance than the ATX coils. I tried my mark2 10x14 coil on my ATX today and it picked up a nickle at about 1" compared to about 12 inches using my infinium 10x14dd coil. I checked the conductance and it is way different.

Last year I built a 4 foot DD for my ATX. Crazy huge, but it failed before I was able to finish sealing it up. I then set out making a 2' DD and it failed during the same final step. It is fixable, but it has been on the bench for the last year while I pursue other projects. I will get back to it next summer. In the meantime, I need to buy another 10x14 infinium dd. I just finished another carbon straight shaft. Pared with the infinium coil, it beats swinging the original coil big time.

A few days ago I did find my first 18K. It was a tiny and simple rose gold band but it was a Tiffanys and is listed at $800. Ebay has them for $300. It's not much gold, but it was my first 18K and I'm stoked about that.

Hi guys

Re: sea hunter mk II coils:

It does appear the inductance is different - however the SH 8 inch mono seems to work with the ATX. Also - the larger SH mono coil also seems to work (ensure you factory reset the detector, otherwise it won't work properly...!!!!!

Booty Hunter - did you do a factory reset??????

On mine I seem to get similar depth in air tests as with the SH 8 inch coil. But with much wider coverage?

All in all, the coils seem to work for me??

Note:

Resistance of coils seem to be similar, 1.7 ohm

Standard ATX 8 inch mono has a 200 ohm (or 216 ohm) resistance on two pins - I wonder if this is for the "iron check error" when using the 8 inch mono. So was scared to push the iron check button with the sea hunter coils in place! Maybe someone has bigger xxxx than me to try that!

All in all - it seems to work??

Dale

hey guys..
would you please take some high definition picture from atx board and components .?
i want to build it by revers engineering...
therefore i need the IC and the other components number...
please help me :)

Hey dmnz,
Does the SeaHunter MKII 8" mono coil you tried on your ATX have comparable performance/depth as the "standard-issue" ATX 8" mono coil that is meant for the unit?

Thanks
Beav

Booty Hunter said:
Last year I built a 4 foot DD for my ATX. Crazy huge, but it failed before I was able to finish sealing it up. I then set out making a 2' DD and it failed during the same final step.

How did you make these? I would like to make a 30-36" mono coil. I want more depth than the 20" Deepseeker without buying another detector.

Thanks