Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Finds Big Silver Hunt Tucson Az Yesterday

John B.

Hi All

It was a great turnout . Billy and Mike C could have done better but oh well !! Mike K and I kicked their butt !! I had to use my secret weapon as my pouch of coins grew heavier on my belt !! The moon started to rise !! A couple times I noticed no one was digging coins and when I looked around they were all starin at my gorgeous backside !! Good I thought more coins for me !! I just kept beepin !! Ol Mike C waddles like a duck when swingin a beeper . Billy well he cried and whinned I'm no coin hunter blah blah blah I'm a big time gold prospector blah blah blah and my grandmother could have swung a beeper and walked faster than him . She only had one leg and it was amputated at the knee !! But he finnally got the hang of it and after the hunt was over he wanted to go back and beep some more !! I think Billy will be playin with some coin huntin in his near future !! Well I finnally got to meet Scotty !! It was hard to recocnize him without that stupid mask !! He's actually quite the handsome fellow and a genuine nice guy !! I'll have to work on makin a beeperist outa him !! Well as promised I gotta take Mike C. Mike K. Billy. Dave D. and Onamission Tom to a secret nugget spot . They have promised and sworn to secrecy and any lunkers found won't be posted !!
My finds for the day were 2 old pearce silver dollars a barber, walking liberty,benjamin and kennedy 1/2 dollars a barber ,standing liberty and about 15 silver washington quarters . One barber , 6 silver roosevelts , 15 mercury dimes ,2 v nickles a dozen or so buffalo nickles one indian head penny and over 3 rolls of wheat pennies(many very early dates). Plus about 20 -25 dollars in clad dimes ,quarters and nickles and 6 or 8 memorial pennies. I also won a years subscription to western and eastern treasure magazine. But the real thrill of the day was watching Major Bill Lum from the Salvation Army recieve $9500 from Bill Southern's Katrina raffle and Shirley Steele from the Tucson Community Food Bank pull their raffle tickets and recieve thier monies and food items !! All and All a fun day and a great day to expose the heart and soul of a beeperist !! Happy Huntin John B.

Hello John,

I'm new to this website, thinking about getting a detector (always wanted one), and now especially after finding a flat metal button at a historical site after some unearthing was done (just lucky). But reading about all your finds in one day in Tucson, AZ got me to wondering? Was that location where they tore down an old gambling site? Now you know I'm only joking w/ ya, but can a guy get so lucky to find such a site where there's just so much old coins available in the most obvious site that nobody's ever considered before? I mean, you coins should've been found already by a previous hunter. So now this begs the question. I'm not asking where, because you may want to go back sometime ( and I live in Michigan), but I'm asking what made you think your chosen location was the right location? Were you out in a field? Is it where the old carnival would come to town for the past 100 years? Were you at place where there was once a boardwalk? What goes thru a coin hunter's mind to recognize these spots?
Thanks for your advise and input.
Phil