Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My First 3 hunts with the Deus. I love this thing!

Oregoncp

I am a long time White's guy. Started detecting with a Classic ID, moved up to a DFX, and then eventually to a V3i. I love White's detectors, and the exceptional customer service that they provide. But after researching the Deus a lot, I decided it was time to branch out. I cannot start to describe how excited I am that I bit the bullet and bought a Deus.

My V3i still has a place in my quiver, but the Deus is my new go to machine. There are SO many things about it that I absolutely love. Number one...... the weight! I can swing for hours with out fatiguing (2 hours on the v3i and I am toast). Closely after that, is the ability to just plug all the parts into my computer, wall outlet, or my car and charge them up for a solid day of detecting. The speed of this machine is phenomenal. In the three times I have used it since it got delivered I have found things at sites that I had previously pounded with my other machines. Out of the box, the basic 1 program is blowing my mind. Pulling coins from 8 inches with rusty iron in the same plug.

The first day I took the Deus to a modern park with a fairly clean lawn area just to get a idea of what it was telling me. After about a hour I had started to figure it out and decided to go to another little park that used to be a parking lot for a marina in the 50s. I have pulled silver dimes and wheats from this park in the past, but figured I had cleaned it out pretty well. The whole place is only about 75' x 75'. After 2 hours I had a couple wheats, a worn date buffalo and a 1951 washington quarter! Wow!

My second hunt I went to another little park a bit further from home. I dont know the exact age of the park, but I know it has been around since at least the 50s also. Different ground conditions made it necessary to relearn what I had on the previous hunt. After a solid hour I was able to identify the tabs and rusty bottle caps before I dug them. I dug a TON of these just getting better aquainted with the detector. I was finding the odd wheat here and there, having a great time. Got a nice solid 94-96, and popped out a 1897 barber quarter! My first dug barber ever, and my oldest coin ever! My day was made. Atleast until I popped out a 1896 indian from about 7 inches! My first indian, and again, my oldest coin!

Third hunt (tonight) I went back to the little marina park. I snagged another 5 wheat pennies, and three mercs. One of the mercs was a solid 9 inches. All the people complaining about the deus' lack of depth must be doing something wrong, because mine is having absolutely no problem punching down deep.

I can't wait to get out again. Haven't been this excited about detecting in a while.

2012-05-30220828.jpg

Lots of nice silver coins, Deus sure loves silver.:clapping:

Congrats. The Deus is working well for you. You need to move it to the top of your signature listing of machines.

Congrats and I am glad to hear how much you like the Deus. I also have to agree with you on depth, I am digging just as deep, if not deeper with my Deus than with any other detector I own or have owned. I have ZERO complaints in the depth department with this machine, actually, I have zero complaints about anything with this detector. The Deus is one fine piece of engineering and a complete winner as far as I am concerned. Thanks for sharing and HH -Marc

The Deuce sure can get the job done. I dont have depth issues either, its as deep as anything Ive had and has as fast or faster recovery.... simply a great machine!