Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first detecting trip in over a year......and one of my best!

Dan-MO

As I have posted here I was recently diagnosed with lung cancer and will probably start treatment next week. I want to thank everyone for all of the prayers. There was a time for about a 10 year period when I ate drank and slept metal detecting. When I wasn't detecting....I was researching places to detect. I had my share of luck also......many old coins, lots of silver and even a few gold rings. Then there came a time when I guess I kinda burned out on it.....knee and back problems made it painful to walk or dig and other life changes kinda put detecting on the back burner.

For the last couple of weeks my life has been put on hold. Due to this terrible virus and my medical condition....I have been house confined. I have tried to keep up on my Bible reading....but to tell the truth I have spent most of my waking time watching the mostly bad news on t.v. or old reruns of gunsmoke.....I swear it seems I have watched Matt Dillon shoot every bad dude that ever entered Dodge City!

Today was a beautiful day here in Mo. and my loving wife (In not so gentle terms) informed me that I was NOT going to waste it sitting in front of the t.v. When I asked her what she suggested I do......she thought for a moment then said "Why don't you go detecting" ? To make a long story shorter after a quick call to a good friend who owns a empty lot where a old house once stood...just a block down the street from me, armed with new batterys in my old detector, I was soon swinging a detector again for the first time in a long time.

After about 2 hours my knees and back let me know it was time to quit, so off to home I went with my pockets jangling! My take for the day? - 12 grungy memorial cents, 1 beat up wheatie and a junk kids ring....not to mention a pound or two of trash.....All in all, One of the most satisfying hunts I have ever had! God is Good!

As I have posted here I was recently diagnosed with lung cancer and will probably start treatment next week. I want to thank everyone for all of the prayers. There was a time for about a 10 year period when I ate drank and slept metal detecting. When I wasn't detecting....I was researching places to detect. I had my share of luck also......many old coins, lots of silver and even a few gold rings. Then there came a time when I guess I kinda burned out on it.....knee and back problems made it painful to walk or dig and other life changes kinda put detecting on the back burner.

For the last couple of weeks my life has been put on hold. Due to this terrible virus and my medical condition....I have been house confined. I have tried to keep up on my Bible reading....but to tell the truth I have spent most of my waking time watching the mostly bad news on t.v. or old reruns of gunsmoke.....I swear it seems I have watched Matt Dillon shoot every bad dude that ever entered Dodge City!

Today was a beautiful day here in Mo. and my loving wife (In not so gentle terms) informed me that I was NOT going to waste it sitting in front of the t.v. When I asked her what she suggested I do......she thought for a moment then said "Why don't you go detecting" ? To make a long story shorter after a quick call to a good friend who owns a empty lot where a old house once stood...just a block down the street from me, armed with new batterys in my old detector, I was soon swinging a detector again for the first time in a long time.

After about 2 hours my knees and back let me know it was time to quit, so off to home I went with my pockets jangling! My take for the day? - 12 grungy memorial cents, 1 beat up wheatie and a junk kids ring....not to mention a pound or two of trash.....All in all, One of the most satisfying hunts I have ever had! God is Good!
Congrats on getting out & enjoying some time for MDing again--So difficult to start again after a year & illnesses! A few coin finds among the trash is good beats nothing or 3 pennies that I had on a long ago day! Prayers for back problems--I had a Compression Fracture in mine beginning in May 2017--Hurt so badly, worse than child labor pain which is over sooner or later, but my back still hurts after a few minutes out of bed, standing & trying to walk on swollen legs & feet! Now I sit & try to preach using my Computer & get in trouble! Oh well, Jesus was mocked & persecuted; so His Children aren't above their Master! PTL, Who loves us with His mercy & grace! God Bless & May our Lord & Savior bring health, wealth & happiness to you & yours! Ma Betty

Well done, fun is where it's at!

I’m glad you are back at home it. Detecting is my stress reliever.