Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Mojave's control box got wet a little bit

Can you open the control box and take a hairdryer to It?
If not jus let it sit in a dry place or in the sun.
After it dries out it should work.

IMG_1528.JPG
Got it airing out.

Definitely if this ever happens again or before "washing off" take battery out, turn unit on to bleed all capacitors, then you can literally drench the thing.
The worst thing you can do is get it wet with batteries in and parts of board charged or even taking batteries out and still having charge in capacitors and that charge jumping across board from water.
I still don't recommend drenching these boxes. Wet towel is best. But if you do just make sure all energy is gone from board.
You can literally wash boards in dishwasher as long as no electricity left in any components.
If you must, again, remove battery(s) and turn on to drain anything from board

Hi Dig-a-holic, I'm glad you got your Mojave going again! That's good advice the other guys gave you about the hair dryer and cleanup up procedures. I told of my experience with a salt water drenched Tesoro several times in the past on a couple of forums, so its time to tell it again. Of the two Tesoro Sidewinder µMax that I bought my Grand kids, One of them was standing in the corner of a closet and the other was up above on the closet shelf. My Daughter's house is about 400 Yds. off the beach ( Ms.) After Katrina washed ashore and through her house it was evident from the waterline on her walls after the surge through and return of water there was around 4 1\2'- 5'+ of water through out the house ,, for long enough to leave the watermark. Shelved machine survived with no problems. Took my Daughter a week and a half or more before she could get back home to check her damage. It was bad of course, but could have been worse. It was another week before I got the Sidewinder to my house. I figured it was a goner" but what the heck, so I gave it a go. I opened it up and it looked like one of those Christmas trees that had been "Frosted" over! After several hours of digging and poking and brushing with Q tips , tooth picks and little brushes It was time to be soaked again. Big plastic garbage can worked for that so I dumped it "all" in fresh water for a couple of days, Took it out and left in the "hot" sunshine for a couple of days, then dumped it back in the can with a fresh batch of water with a real good heavy dose of Clorox to kill any remaining frost, acid/alkaline that was left. Laid it in the sun again for a couple of more days to dry. I honestly don't remember, but I 'm pretty sure that the Battery was in it when it went under. I' m an old guy for sure now and my memory is getting pretty iffy. ! Any way, after the dry out I put it all back together and Turned It On and it worked just fine! Later on I sent it in to Tesoro and told them the story and they did whatever they needed to do and sent it back. I used it off and on a few times for the next 5-6 years or so and it got a little Quirky so I sent it back To Tesoro. Sometimes it worked an sometimes not, so I finally knew It was time for it's retirement. So there is another " Horn Toot" for our Old Tesoro's, gone but not forgotten !I dare say they were the toughest of them all, so if you have one, or a few hanging in your closet, you are doin well! Oh, yeah , Tuff is Tuff ,but LOL, the water hose works better on washing cars and trucks! HH, Fowler Charles