Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My oh my those DeepTech detectors

SkiWhiz

I have been detectorless almost all summer due to financial reasons but the boss (wife) tells me that I can get any detector I want (within reason) when we get our tax return. I have been reading and reading all the forums and have been keeping a close eye on all the posts about the DeepTech detectors & I am pretty impressed what I have read. I just might get one if I can find one that is reasonably priced, now to just figure out which model. I have read time and time again that the DeepTech's are a good coin detector in school grounds,etc. because they don''t disc. out very high, but I have always set my disc. to just knock out a small nail and dig everything that beeps. Keep them post coming, with the good the bad and the ugly. If any of you are like me and enjoy talking about detecting I would love to hear from you, I would be happy to pm you my phone number or call you at your convenience. Thanks! Steve.

I want to thank those that have sent me pm's, much appreciated.

If you like to dig everything that beeps that's what you will be doing with a vista. Deepth is excellent and so is seperation.

you have a blessed wife,

I recieved a few pm's from folks that have or have had a DeepTech with their thoughts on them. Anyways I want to give a huge thank you to therover (a member here on the forum), he sent me a pm saying that he would send me his DeepTech Gold with 3 coils to use if I wanted, all I have to do is cover the shipping. He told me to take my time with it as he is beach hunting now with another detector and not using the DeepTech. Sure are some fine folks out there, it takes a real nice and trusting person to do such a kind thing. I received the detector today but only got to try it for a short time in my yard. I have a feeling it is going to work well & plan to take it on a hunt tomnorrow. Will let you all know how it does for me. Thank you very much therover (John), may your kindness return to you tenfold. Steve.

amcjavelin said:
Hey Whiz can't wait for your report!
Hi Brandon, thanks for all the youtube video's that you made about the DeepTech's, they are a big reason for me getting interested in them. I read over the manual on the VG and learned a couple things that I didn't know & am really itchy to give it a try today. Will let you know my thoughts. Steve.

Hey Steve ....Congrats on the Gold and very Nice of the member to send you one to try out....

One of the first things on the Deeptech is to not try to make it do something its not designed to do....

You will here people dismiss it in statements like dont waste your time....Dig's too much foil Etc...

But the machine is working as it should its the operator whos is not using the TOOL in hand to his or Her advantage..

the DTVG is a very precise intsrument geard for one thing... pulling masked objects out of iron..And especially maked low conductors out of iron...

The low conductors in heavy iron are the most difficult to get and thats why theres still alot of those target's left...

But if you use the DTVG wisely on a the RIGHT site's you will be rewarded...

Oh you can use it in modern areas too with it's modulated audio you can ignore the louder surface hits a concentrate on the deeepr smoother modulated hit's ..but the real eye opener is going to be in the more ancient habitat site's like over 125 years old and back....Civil war period,Indian war site's, sites colonial sites .fur trade site's....Spanish/French site's any where thats Known to hold anncient habitat and you think is hunted out is where the DTVG really takes aim at...You will see that the disc wide open is still an iron only reject..it will take out some foil but thast just the overlap area from large iron to small low non ferrous ...but you will be using the disc at about 10 O'Clock jsut for the nails and the lowest of conductors can come in wiht a better chance...

Remember to unmask in iron you need to set the disc on a razors edge for nail reject since it the most comon itme encountered and causing most masking in the ground...the wide iron disc window allows for more precise rejection..I set mine to actually high low tone a bent nail and low tone the straight nail that way I now I am on the cutting edge of unmasking..you will chase a few bent nails but you will also be rewarded with some finds you thought were not in the spot...The Analog audio of the DTVG will also talk volumes to you if you listen....the larger ironlike spikes horshoes hoes kettle pieces etc that litter's ancient site's will be heard but they will have a rolling tone to them as well..you can identify them easily after awhile...but rememebr if a nail is masking an itme imagine what a axe head can do...it can hide a Jar of silver and not even be directly on top of it......so the larger iron removal is your option if you like....If I now a site is WORTHY of all iron removal but nails the DTVG is quite up to the task. and can also be very eye opening...

SET THE DISC TO JUST KEEP THE NAIL'S IN LOW TONE....Listen for the high tone to break through.....go slow sweeps and utilize fast in dense iron...turn the iron audio volume down if the low tone iorn report become's to annoying but keep the iron audio tone going for best result's, If you go to the one tone conventional mode it has it will null the low tone like say a tesoro and that's fine but you get alot more info if you allow the audio to flow through the headphone's as continous.. the one tone option unmask well also but it not on the same level as allowing the audio gate to remain open...(((ALSO USE THE LOW OHM HEADPHONES LIKE THE CALRAD'S FOR BETTER AUDIO NUANCE)) ...I stay boosted all the time myself but thats your preference for Now non boost may make more audible sense..Keep the sens as high as you can..on the high freq its usually doable close to max...But if you experience too much FALSING you can turn it back....the 5x8 coil will be of greater use it the dense iron also it has a real tight footprint...

You may find the stock round 11" to be slightly deeper in open areas over the 7x11 but less performance in iron when comparing the two..I prefer the 7x11 coil for all around hunting and the small coil's for the tight work...

I like tight elliptical DD's on High freq machine's even over round DD's And alway's prefer either to a concentric on a high freq rig....High freqs seems to drive elliptical DD's the best performance wise...

Theres no perfect detector but if you use the DTVG for what it was desinged for and treat it as a right tool for the right job then you will be pleased..

I await your first hunt thought's..

Good luck and any questions you have fire away MAYBE we can answer them...

Keith

Thanks for the reply Keith, you are a wealth of knowledge and I have read many of your posts and watched your video's over the years. I had to fix a laptop for someone last night and decided to drop it off to them as they aren't too far out of the way to where I was going to try the DeepTech Gold. Haven't detected pretty much all summer so I was excited to go, had alot on my mind and alot of stuff to put in the car. Dropped the laptop off drove to my hunting grounds and realized that I forgot to put my digger in the car, fortunately there was a tot lot at the school with woodchips and I was able to test the DeepTech for awhile. I was surprised how small of items it would hit on, I thought that the Compadre was only capable of things like that. I really like the two tone setup & all the other features it has. More to come, I think it would be a good idea for me to get another digger to leave in my car. Thanks again Keith! Steve.