Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My SDC 2300 First Impression

Hi Steve,

My name is Steve as well and I have followed your posts and reviews on the ATX, which I have really enjoyed. I have read your first impressions of the new SDC2300 as well. First of all I am curious about the kind of depth the new PI is getting? Is it comparable to the ATX, being that the coil is small?

Also, I know it's lighter and folds up smaller than the ATX, but I am confused at the amount of price difference between the Minelab detector and the ATX. Why would the Minelab detector cost close to $4,000? What justifies that high of a price vs. the ATX? I do know you don't work for either Garrett or Minelab,but you have always had good and honest opinions and I value what you think with regard to these questions.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide.

Hi Steve - I have an ATX and CTX 3030 - both good machines. I am interested to hear from you as to if the SD2300 has any application water detecting at the beach - would it be suitable for gold rings etc at the beach ? compared to the ATX? You are probably one of the only people to have used both machines and actively used the ATX in the water. Your thoughts appreciated.

I think the SDC is going to be great up on the towel line for micro-jewelry but I have no idea yet how it will perform actually in salt water.