Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Short Experience with Racer:clapping:

Richard@BackwoodsDetectors

Findmall Sponsor
[size=large]I had planned on keeping a Racer for myself but the demand was so high that I sold the one I was going to keep. Anyway, last Sunday evening, I took the Racer to a house that I had hunted pretty heavily in the past. I found 3 Wheaties, 2 zincs and a small gold charm. What I liked was that 3 of the targets had been masked to other machines but with the "blended" audio, I was able to find them either with iron in the hole or near iron. I ran 3 Tone is disc. at 45.
Doing this with the stock coil was good but I can't imagine how the 5" coil would work in trash. The only thing that I noticed was the volatile memory but that really wasn't a big deal. This detector response to targets reminds me of a lot of a Vista Gold. Richard
[/size]

The small coil is extremely good. Will unlock sites with wow moments. Small coil will fool some on its depth capability too. With small coil attached, one can run to the trashiest of sites or the ones loaded with iron/nails. And don't be surprised at how shallow some of the old coins turn out to be. The keys for me when hunting in trash is listen for the real short clean hit. If the tone is long/labored = junk i.e. screw caps, and some crown caps even if the TID looks good/decent. Small coil performance is remarkable. Both my Racer and Nokta CoRe with small coils attached have found me some good finds in hard hunted sites. Sites hunted with detectors costing many $$$ more.

[size=large]Hi Rich,
Nice ta cya again.
We absolutely adore our Racers. (Especially in the dark.)
They are really giving the big boys a run for the money.
Our Racers are giving us a lot of fun again.[/size]

Like Squirrel1 said. The small coil gets real good depth too. I have dug some targets down to 8-9 inches with it.

It sure handles my bad soil well, and I get very little iron wrap around on the vdi. Awesome machine for the price for sure.

Would you use a stock or a small coil on a seeded hunt? Can't wait to show up to one next month with the racer! When I asked the local(ish) dealer if he planned to carry them, he had never heard of them.....can't imagine there will be a lot at this hunt!

the stock 7X11 DD or the accessory 5½X10 DD as both will cover the ground a little better which would be to your advantage.

Monte

mncricket said:

Cricket I agree totally with Monte. Stock coil all the way. Or the 5x10 if ya have it. Honestly