Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

my surfmaster PI

AK48

Hello everybody , last week , i baught a surfmaster PI from à friend and when i read the scheme of it , i can see that the detector worked with eight AA battery size but mine is fitted with only one 9 volts 6F22 battery size , i search all over the web but i don"t found such a detector with this 9 volts 6F22 batteru size ??? what happened ? is my surfmaster a fake one ? or an old version ? it seems to me that 9 volts is too low to give all the power out to the search head , can anyone tell me about my detector supply ? thank you .

I'll say this: The Anchor Electronics Barracuda is one of the best pulse machines ever made--similar in design to the SMPI. It runs on 9V--and the inventor tells me that this is one thing that makes it very stable--even in current, on hills and in black sand. Gove it a try. Shouldn't be too much trouble to swap out for a 8 cell holder if you choose to do so--the snap is already there.
cjc

hi ! thanks for your reply but i can see writen on my machine : " surfmaster PI " an on the motherboard also i can read : " white's " this way , my detector isn't an Anchor Electronics Barracuda but it's a really SMPI from white's , so i ask if it is possible that the first owner change the supply from eight AA size battery to one 6F22 ? if it's right , can i reput the eight AA battery instead the one 6F22 ?
if i do , what will happen , i guess my detectot will not burn ? thank you
AK48

dump that cell set up and get yourself an 8 pack for alkalines. Then decide for yourself. Likely just a cheap or sloppy previous owner--no way he would know that 9V has plusses too.
cjc

hello AK48,

can you share pics with me from another racursive angles at broadlight day i could be able to see R an C values?
or give Part List maybe -?

my address mdforall@gmail.com

TIA

hi KT315 , sorry for the delay but i'm too too too busy because of the holy month the " ramadan " but please let me more time because There are 3 days left to finish and after the holy fest of " Aid el fatr " i will do , best regards AK48

ok. i attached some schematics.

hi thank you for schématics , don't worry it's the last day of our month , need just a little bit of time and i"ll send you the pics you want , see you soon best regards AK48