Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Test

Low-Boy/LCPM

Went out hunting last Saturday with the racer and left the deus at home...I could hear it crying as I left the house...Hit a spot that over the last ten years I have hit from time to time. I always find one or two targets...I really didn't think the racer was going to make this zombie dirt come alive and it didn't...But I'm cool with that. I got a hit with mixed iron and the upper tone that moved around a lot as far as the VDI# go.
So I did a pinpoint and could tell it was deep. Then I changed the gain from 75 to 50 to 40 to see if I could get the target. At about 40 it started to break up and would hit and not hit but it was a softer faint tone, one I would not dig..I know or at least think I know that the gain also adds more strength to the tone. The higher it is the stronger the tone is and you really have to back it off to get a softer tone. The dues doesn't need adjustments with the sens but has a audio vol the more you amp that up the louder the tone becomes if it is deep...so you can back that off so you can hear deep targets with a softer tone and know it is going to be a deeper target..So I read where someone said " I don't think the detecotor has much to do with finding deep targets after 6 inches....I may have quoted that wrong but I got the point and I think that it has a lot to do with how you hear the tone if it is really deep. I hear fringe, soft, faint tones that are a whisper and don't dig them. I wonder if we dug them how many of them would be a good target....It takes a lot for me to not want to dig some of those iffy targets but when I am tired I do just pass them up...

The target I recoverd was a war nickle at 8 inches down on its side with iron on and around it..

LowBoy

That is a good thing... Thanks for sharing fine Sir...

Great report Lowboy! So this rig has what I understand to be called 'proportional or modulated audio'? Meaning if all settings are somewhat correct for the specific location, a deeper target sounds softer?

I am not sure of the proper industry terminology, just that I really like rigs that have this ability, maybe all of them do, I dont know..., I'm sort of new to this Sport and both the rigs I have operate in this fashion, (F70 and AtPro) you are right, a guy has to be focused and understand what play the settings have on depth and all that...its really nice to know the depth of a target audibly.

I would not be able to hunt with gear that doesnt do what you explained..hence my interest in this Makro Racer......a fellow can really hunt with a rig like that! Congrats on that deep nickel...that was a well found target!:clapping:
Mud.

Low-Boy/LCPM said:
So I did a pinpoint and could tell it was deep. Then I changed the gain from 75 to 50 to 40 to see if I could get the target. At about 40 it started to break up and would hit and not hit but it was a softer faint tone, one I would not dig.
It's good that you're learning the different performance by checking with different Gain settings. There are a lot of people who run a too-low Gain at times and, often, they ignore the weaker and sort of 'iffy' or occasional hits from deeper targets.

Low-Boy/LCPM said:
I know or at least think I know that the gain also adds more strength to the tone. The higher it is the stronger the tone is and you really have to back it off to get a softer tone.
Correct, the "softer" or more "modulated" audio response is notable with a lower Gain setting. You can lose some detection depth when reducing the Gain, but especially reduce the enhanced target strength and hear a more 'modulated' audio. I find it pleasing at times, in more cluttered sites, to reduce the Gain to a point I consider to be comfortable and functional.

At the Racer's turn-on Gain setting of '70' there is more depth, and much less 'modulation' due to the enhanced 'saturation' of audio strength in the target response, and that will increase over the greater range of the total target response depth as the Gain is increased higher than '70.' Most of the time I work a site in 3-Tone with a Gain of '85' but reduce it as desired in dense trash or when hunting close to metal structures and wire fences, etc.

Low-Boy/LCPM said:
The dues doesn't need adjustments with the sens but has a audio vol the more you amp that up the louder the tone becomes if it is deep...so you can back that off so you can hear deep targets with a softer tone and know it is going to be a deeper target.
A separate ferrous volume is useful, as I noted on the XP Gold Maxx I worked with some years ago, or the newer Fisher F19, but ... I still enjoy and prefer the overall performance and excellent responsiveness of the Makro Racer over those other detectors.

Low-Boy/LCPM said:
.So I read where someone said " I don't think the detecotor has much to do with finding deep targets after 6 inches....I may have quoted that wrong but I got the point and I think that it has a lot to do with how you hear the tone if it is really deep. I hear fringe, soft, faint tones that are a whisper and don't dig them. I wonder if we dug them how many of them would be a good target....It takes a lot for me to not want to dig some of those iffy targets but when I am tired I do just pass them up...
If someone doesn't think the Racer can find deep targets, they haven't used the racer in a site where deep targets are. Use a proper search coil for a site's conditions and functional settings, you van get some deep targets.

I go after targets that give me a good or iffy response, regardless of depth. Not all sites have deep targets, but when I have hunted them, my FORS and Racers have served me well on some deeper targets.

Low-Boy/LCPM said:
The target I recoverd was a war nickle at 8 inches down on its side with iron on and around it..

LowBoy
Yes, it is that kind of 'impressive' that drew me to liking what the folks are making for us, and the Nokta FORS and some Makro Racers are all my primary arsenal models for good reasons like you demonstrated.

Best of success as you continue hunting and learning the Racer's abilities.

Monte

Wow Monte you should write a book, really, you have a gift how great it is to have you on this forum...I have learned a lot from your posts and sometimes it wakes up things I have learned about years ago but forgot. Can't wait to see what is next up as the new do it all detector..but till that is a fact and proven I love having the Deus and the Racer...Am going to pass on the F19...