Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My thoughts on the Makro Racer so far.

Southwind

So I had been looking for the good deep target that would tax the abilities of my testing detectors to see what would happen. Today I found one of those targets and I was a bit surprised at the results. I started my day taking the Racer out to the site of Fort Atkinson just west of town. The results were good. A nice .58 musket ball and lots of other pieces of lead and shells. The Racer is a excellent relic detector. Not that I do a lot of relic hunting to qualify me as an expert, but it did a great job for me. Easy to swing for a long period and easy to recognize good targets in junk. That makes it good to me.

3-29-2015.jpg

Next I took it to a few tot lots. I didn't find any gold but lots of clad and a few items pulled from the very depths of the tot lots. I felt it was on par with either the AT Pro or the XP Deus. I fell it makes a great tot lot machine.

To finish off the weekend of testing I took the detector to the city park for the deep coin test. I found several good targets but none deep enough to tax my high end detectors until I was just about to call it a day. There is was, that signal that my E-Trac was iffy on but I felt it was probably a coin. I had my buddy test it with his E-Trac and he felt the same. It was an iffy that was either a deep coin or another rusted nail. The signal jumped a lot but the FE numbers stayed in the lower range which indicated possibly a coin.

I marked the spot by sticking my screw driver in the ground at the spot and went to get the Racer. To my surprise the target sound on the Racer was clean and clear and the VDI was very solid for such a deep target. Most of the time I got a 82 to 86. I recorded the video for the racer, then the E-Trac and then my phone told me I could not record anymore because not enough space. I was not able to test the Deus. Generally the Deus fairs pretty close to the E-Trac. My buddy and I were eager to see what this target would be. Turned out to be a wheat penny around 10". We were both surprised that in this case the Racer seems to have outperformed the E-Trac.

I use the turn-on-and-go. Nothing but ground balance is done.

Yes I did try the small coil and here was the results on an 8" wheat. The video ising the stck coil is a bit short but your can see the VDI was good. The key on the Racer for a good solid VDI is the target much be in the center of the coil and it will read solidly.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q24ohzrwI0[/video]

Racer for the win. LOL

Good to see you are enjoying it Southwind, thanks for the vids keep them coming.

Terry get that small coil to the carny site for that crazy WOW moment. I see you have gained trust in the machine. It's gonna blow your mind here shortly I promise. The way it picks conductive stuff out of ferrous is key at the carny site. Lot's of good stuff still there, small debri masking..........

Terry get that small coil to the carny site for that crazy WOW moment.

I've got it on my list. Going to try and get to the old carnival site in Minneola Kansas after work and to the one here in dodge tomorrow.