Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My wife’s Grandma’s Pillow from 1920’s!

timwied

My wife had an old pillow from her grandma from about 1920. She wondered what she had put inside it for padding! Old little kids socks an old blouse and this 10 pound Spreckels Sugar Cloth Sack New York!!! Very cool find
11A3B9BF-3FBC-4A1D-BDED-54FE84CFA5B3.jpeg
! I haven’t been on for a while and thought I’d check in!

Very interesting. Back in the day people definitely had to improvise. Thanks for sharing

A lot of companies from at least the 40s-50s on back used cloth like that for their merchandise as people would use the cloth to make clothing out of , or diapers or wash cloths , rags , etc. My Mom told me a story of her mother making her , her most favorite and beautiful dress when she was around 10 yrs old. My Mom said she would brag about her Mom making her the dress , and her Mom would tell her not to tell people she made the dress , she said people would think they were poor. As if most people back then weren't poor to start with,, as she grew up in farming country.

A lot of companies from at least the 40s-50s on back used cloth like that for their merchandise as people would use the cloth to make clothing out of , or diapers or wash cloths , rags , etc. My Mom told me a story of her mother making her , her most favorite and beautiful dress when she was around 10 yrs old. My Mom said she would brag about her Mom making her the dress , and her Mom would tell her not to tell people she made the dress , she said people would think they were poor. As if most people back then weren't poor to start with,, as she grew up in farming country.
My mom made me dresses out of printed flour sacks, also, and for herself! But most farm kids were poor compared to town &/or city kids! ma