Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Myrtle Beach bound

wayne_etc

Hi all.

The family is heading off to Myrtle Beach SC. next week. Of course I'll be taking olong the cz70. Any of you ever detect this area? Any tips/advice? I've only beach hunted once before (the dirt is more my thing) but I figure I'll give it another try.

Thanks for any input!

w

Go looking for junk! And you will get a bunch of it! When I hunt the beach I look for foil and pulltabs, and I usually find plenty of both! But that's where the gold is going to be. You may get a high coin signal on silver jewelry, but you have to be willing to dig the trash to get the gold. I have the best luck at the "towel line" or the edge of the dry sand above the high tide line. I'm not a beach expert, but I can't remember the last time I left a beach without some sort of jewelry that I had found. I would invest in a scoop if you don't have one. Good luck!

Just got back from the beach. Was able to detect twice, an hour each time. Used the 70 with iron notched out, dug all other signals. Ground balancing was a breeze. Was able to keep sensitivity at 6. I was surprised at the black sand there. Looked like salt and pepper. I was able to go from dry to wet sand and even into a couple inches of water with NO falsing. At one point got a coin signal, solid 8'' deep right where the water rushes onto the beach. Didn't have a sand scoop, so was using my daughter's toy beach shovel! I couldn't dig deep enough to uncover the coin, wet sand and water kept filling the hole. So that coin's still there if someone wants a go of it!
I was able to pull 2 rings, neither good metal but decent quality. Also managed some clad.

I was amazed at how smooth the CZ70 ran on the beach. Deffinitely a high class machine in this environment.

But honestly, I like the dirt better!

w

not a bad price for a sand scoop either. I'm like Tony, when I'm at the beach, I dig everything but iron.

HH,
Mike

First and foremost following the tide out works for many..Get yourself a floral shovel ( sort of a small version of a spade available at K-Mart, Wal-mart or even more durable ones at hardware stores) you can dig a foot in several digs even in the hard areas. Of course on the beach a normal scoop works best..Once you find that nice gold ring just might change your mind about where to hunt...

Just wish I could try that beach detecting!!!!! Someday, I've got a CZ-3D and I'm worried about getting it wet on the beach. I guess it would be dry sand, mabey wet sand no water though!