Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Napkin Ring?

A

Anonymous

Hi, I found this napkin ring? today. It has a brass item with it for some reason. The napkin ring may be silver plated. The brass ring says "BUNTING" on it. Also "Made in the USA" and E837. Don't know why they were together. Maybe to keep the ring in shape. Any ideas. It measures 1 5/8" by 1 1/4" wide. Thanks.

...The brass doesn't look like it has been in the ground for all that long. There was a company in the USA called Bunting that produced folding chairs and such. I wonder if this was a spacer.
Maybe an old lamp part?
Interesting find, thanks for posting!

I might even have a few out in the shop. They are usually bronze. They are used where a ball bearing wouldn't work, and you need a softer material to take the wear instead of grooving the shaft.
I don't think they belong together.
The napkin ring is pretty neat!
HH
Jim

Again, you guys are awesome. Found web site called buntingbearings.com. It is bronze. It just must have fit the napkin ring so the owner kept them together. Found at recent torn down house. It was in the dirt that was plowed over to fill hole. Probably not in the dirt for very long. Also found the 1822-1922 1000 Reis coin. Thanks for the info.