Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

need advice for deep targetsP

A

Anonymous

Please give some tips to use on a site in north TX. The remains of a mid 1800s town along the Brazos river has been hit with detectors since the 60s. I still beleive there are deep targets left beyond the 8 inch level mixed with heavy iron and tin trash. Advise on sensitivty settings Auto or manual, gain levels and other possible adjustments to get those deep keepers. thank mtm.

I'ed say run it in iron mask at -8 gain at 5 or 6, conductive mode, and sens manual starting around 24 if stable, if not try auto at a higher setting. go slow and listen for repeatable high tones, and dig any solid hits that read with a steady faint tone no matter where they fall on the screen. the tin will hit on the bottom mostly bottom right..you can ignore those bottom right hits that dont move from that spot.. reason I say conductive mode is tin will give a high tone in ferrrous mode, and if theres lots of tin it will get confusing..better to hear high spikes from iron, the round iron will lock in sometimes but gives a distinctive high pitched ping, and nulls quickly off the side of the target...

Thanks Jim, I am heading for the site in the morning. I am looking forward to trying your suggestions. Will let you how it went, thanks again.