Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need Advice on purchasing A new Fisher a cz3d or cz70 pro

A

Anonymous

Hi I have metal detected for about 25 years now I have used A Bounty hunter when I first started, I have used a garrett grand master hunter, gtax 750 and a whites xlt. I like what I am hearing about Fishers. I am ready to buy now and Was wondering if the only difference between the two is notch and water resistance for the cz70 vs. the cz3d, And which coil do they come with, also what about the multiple frequencies I hear about. Any opinions appreciated.

I can't speak for the CZ-3D but I do have a CZ-70. I previously also had a GTAx 750 and and a DFX. Both did well for me and the CZ-70 made the sites I had hunted with them before seem like virgin sites. The CZ-70 comes with the 8" coil and sometimes the package includes the 5" "Hockey Puck" coil, depending on who you get it from. I also have the 10.5" coil, which I favor. The CZ-70 has a lifetime warranty and as you mentioned, is water resistant. It's a very well made machine, goes real deep, and is simple to use. The CZ-3D has a little more learning curve from what I read and is basically a modified CZ-5. It's not water resistant. Many have done well with it.
The CZ-70 is an outstanding multi-purpose machine. It's a killer coin hunter, getting the deep silver that others miss. It's a relic demon and I have found scads of CW bullets and buttons with mine. It's a very competent beach machine, handling salt mineralization with ease. It hunts the wet sand without a peep until it gets a target. I've found numerous gold rings and tons of clad at the beach. It's the one machine I know that can do it all and do it well. It's a dual frequency machine. The multi-talk is pretty much hype to allow their ads to compete with the Minelabs with their 17 and 28 frequencies. The CZ operates at 5 KHz and 15 KHz. I have a Minelab Sovereign Elite and it has 17 frequencies. It does slightly better at the beach than the CZ and slightly worse on the land. I don't think the fact that the CZ only has two is much of a hit against it at all. It has what it needs to get the job done, without a doubt.

Hi, I just got my new CZ-3D a few days ago and I love it,,, I can't speak for the CZ-70, but the 3D is suposed to be the new technology. I have been out a total of about 5 hours or so, and have found 6 wheaties, and a 1906 Barber Dime, ( my first Barber ). The 3D is suposed to be enhanced to find more of the older coins,, ( reading them as a High-tone, insted of where most detectors read them ). I am a firm believer in the CZ models,, as I have had the chance to use several of them. They all seem to go deep, and usually ID very well...
Good Luck & Happy Hunting~

I want to thank you for the thorough answer. After reading your post I am leaning towards the cz70 I think I will purchase the 10.5" coil as well Thanks again, and when I get it I will let you know what I find.

Either one coil for coil is as deep as any on the market....CZ70 has the superior notch and water resistant exterior with a fourth tone for relic facet. CZ3D gives you the choice of setting 1-2-3-4 not 2-4-6 for more accurate settings, choice of an expanded mode for older areas or a regular mode for newer areas.I rally believe Fisher also tinkered with it and handles rusty nails better. Basically digital versus analog and might visit your Fisher dealer to try them on for size. Either way you have a winner and arguments for either could be made..I believe they can both be ordered with either an stock 8 or larger 10.5 coil..

I think you'll be very happy with it. It's a simple machine to operate and as good or better than any out there. My sister was a long-time Whites IDX user and she made the jump to a CZ-70 after seeing all the good stuff I was finding with mine. She was terrified it would be too much for her, too difficult, too "techie", etc. She swears by that machine now, has made many cool finds with it, and you would have to pry it from her cold dead hands to get her to give it up. Drop me an email when you get it.

I own both but most of the time I grab the CZ70 first. Notching, backlight and weather resistance I really like. I haven't noticed any difference in depth compared to my 3-D. The 3-D is set up for older sites and doesn't handle modern trash as well as the 70, you can switch to salt mode but there is slight depth loss. If I could have only one... CZ70.

But given the choice would take a CZ5 as I rarely dig a rusty nail anyway with about 10 years of practice.Have to admit the weather resistant CZ70 with a superior notching system and for those wanting a choice of two modes old and new with a better iron reject might appeal to many with the CZ3D. All a matter of choice, however I just hunt silver coins and the only facet holding my interest is coins all and making the facet a tad smaller to eliminate wheaties would be even better. Your call my friend..

If I could only own one machine, it would have to be the CZ70. But the CZ5 is also a great machine and my wifes favorite. But if you want to keep up with the latest techonlogy, go with the 3d. Either way, you won't be sorry because their all Fishers.
Good luck, Mike

Besides the notch and water resistance there are big differences. But which would suit you depends on your style of hunting and the type of sites you primarily hunt.
Do you like to dig it all at old sites? If you dig everything except iron at these sites you might be better served with a good single tone machines that goes deep in iron. If you want to be selective or hunt sites that do not allow you to dig it all but want a greater chance of digging old coins and CAN dig SOME mimicking trash targets, go for the 3D.
On the other hand if you want to be selective in digging only the deeper weaker signals below zinc (IH's and some silver for example) the CZ70 with its relic tone and using volume settings of 5 or below will let you be a little more selective in that area.
The combinations of sites, techniques and trash tolerance are endless and only you can decide which is best for you.
Tom

Any CZ is a tough machine to beat whether on land or a saltwater beach.

Sorry for the typo, heck maybe she will bring out the best in you...