Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need feedback on 1270 :help:

C.J.M.

Need some feedback on the 1270: whats your regular settings for all around hunting;has anyone tried the coil in water and beach hunting?I know this beast runs circles around all 1266's I have had (4) :surprised:Only thing its a bit heavy ,is there a chest mount for this beast?I do not have the 10.5" coil ,but have the 8" and 5" coil and that's all i need.Would appreciate all the feed back you can send me :help:Thank you cjm
glock17@suddenlink.net

Have 2 hip mounts I made for mine, no other way to use the 1270, can swing all day. Yo answered your own question I use mine water hunting the depth is fantastic, All the coils go extremely deep, I have all of them. Like to use the 10.5 "Spider" coil zero buoyancy that way. I like 2 ways to set it for water that I use. Sens. high as you can go with keeping her stable, 0 Disc.DIG EVERY SIGNAL Silencer OFF (never use that anyway) Second wat the same setup but Iron disc. ON and set to reject BOBBYPINS. 1270 finds the gold in the water, Saltwater you'll have go with All metals and ad Sens. and Ground Comp. to make her steady, do mostly fresh water..

I had a 1270 and just couldn’t click with it on land.. it just seemed to like large iron way too much ..of course I was taken it places that already had hunted the bejesus out of..but I rigged mine up on long shaft so the control box was above my head for freshwater hunting and set it up in iron mode to reject bobby-pins like shooter described and it was awesome..found lots of tiny gold jewelry and of course the usual stuff,deep coins,earrings, the tiniest baby gold stud earring I ever found was with the 1270 while using the 12in coil.. they are fast and have great separation ....I watched the fisher factory utube video over and over to get a good understanding of it..

Shooter here, anything I can help you with ask away. Between WV62 and me there's plenty info available. First read the manual, especially the primary and secondary setups that' s the key. the 1270 is a powerhouse that not many people took advantage of. She will go extremely deep with all 3 of the coils, 5", 8" and 10.5, the 5" is awesome in trashy areas, Disc. is very, very good, I'd have to say i like the Disc on the 1270 better then the F-75, getting back to the 2 mode setup as far as the ALL Metals mode 2 places I'd use it 1. Relic hunting (and for where you live ) WW2 Relics. 2. Coinshooting in an almost trash free area, she will find real deep coins in that scenario. WV62 is right there with high SEN. to much SEN. and the threshold noise might bother your ears 8 maybe 9 will do fine., if you can't quiet her down just drop it a little at a time. Also to high of a VOL. will give off noise so set your headphone up and for me VOL "8" works great and I have a hearing problem max VOL will also give threshold tones.

My preferred setups are for coins: Lets call primary mode #1 and Secondary #2

Sen. 8-9
DISC. 5 (must pick up nickels to also get the gold) Don't know what coin in Norway is equal to a nickel, but to keep gold just about a "5" or a little less.
VOL- 8
#1 mode IRON Switch on and IRON DISC MAX.
#2 Disc mode (you can adjust the Disc higher then 5 if pull tabs are to many.
Note: When you get a signal in the Iron you have already DISC. out SMALL iron objects, now go over it in #2 Disc mode by holding the toggle switch that puts you in the DISC mode and if you get a audio response most likely she's a good target so DIG-IT.

Well it's 2:00 am here so I'll give you some more info tomorrow. Hope this helps some.

Ok CJ heres some pics. If you know how I can post old posts let me know. I use the chest mount now way better.

I use a 1270 in the UK and search in disc mode at 5,volume about 8 and sensitivity at about 7,I use a Easyswing harness to combat weight and its brilliant,makes the machine as light as a feather.