Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEED HELP HEADPHONES FOR ID EDGE

dholden1950

I use a fisher id edge detector.Bought a new set of Killer B"s single cup headphones.Cannot get them to work on this model.I dont know what the problem could be.Any help would be appreciated.

Well, I'm thinking that the ID-Edge uses a three conductor (stereo) headphone port, a single cup headphone might only have a two conductor jack. Have you tested the headphone in anything other device or detector?
is the plug on your headphone a two or three conductor?

Mark

Thannks yes it works in some other detectors. i get some sound but cannot adjust the volume.i appreciate your help it is a 2 conductor

dholden1950 said:
Thannks yes it works in some other detectors. i get some sound but cannot adjust the volume.i appreciate your help it is a 2 conductor

Well, You probably will not like the work around because its going to make the plug stick out pretty far, but you can buy a 1/4" male stereo to 1/4" female mono adapter and your headphone will work.

Another possibly better solution (if you can find one) is to by as short of an adapter cable that you can find and pug it in and wrap or loop the cable up the shaft and then just plug your headphone in and out at the adapter cable. What this will do is reduce all that extra bulk of double stacked plugs into the headphone port on the detector. Also, you can find these with a right angled male plug that may help you to direct the cable more towards the shaft and you can position the female end anywhere you like on the detector.

Mark

well i ried thia and still can not get very much volume from the headphone.I have other headphone that work i just like the single cup.Maybe a higher ohm headphone like this is not compatible with this model.I dont know what else to do

dholden1950 said:
well i ried thia and still can not get very much volume from the headphone.I have other headphone that work i just like the single cup.Maybe a higher ohm headphone like this is not compatible with this model.I dont know what else to do

So, now you do have sound but not much volume right? I'm not sure what to do about the low volume, I do know that they make a headphone amp, but I'm not sure they do that's battery powered.
Maybe you could do a search for a headphone amp and see if you can find a small packaged one that is battery powered,

Mark

I just ordered a weak signal amplifier made just for detectors. I also have a ID Edge and as soon as I receive the amplifier I will try it on the Edge and report back. Don.

donl98632 said:
I just ordered a weak signal amplifier made just for detectors. I also have a ID Edge and as soon as I receive the amplifier I will try it on the Edge and report back. Don.

Are you talking about what used to be called a "Depth Master" which was a device that was supposed to boost a faint target response tone to a more audible level?
Or are you talking about an audio out signal (volume) amplifier?
These are two different devices.

Mark

Yes it is the depth master, but supposedly updated with modern tech. I had one of the original depth masters and it did work, at least on some detectors. I will be reporting back in a week or so once I have done testing on several detectors including some older Whites models. Don

I had seen where someone had said the higher ohm headphones will not work on the id edge didn't explain why they would not work

Okay, if the problem with the detector headphone match is lack of overall volume then I'm thinking the best solution may not be a signal booster, but rather a volume amplifier, or better known as a "headphone Amp" a decent one (one that actually works) has a battery, can be gotten with a single port, should be small enough to strap to the detector. For an example only here is one at Amazon dot com and I'm not saying or suggesting to buy this one but something like this seems to me is be better suited for an overall lack of volume problem.

https://www.amazon.com/A1-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-Black/dp/B01LYYKP29/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1492092855&sr=8-15&keywords=headphone+amp

Here is a category search,
https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_1_2_hso_sc_smartcategory_1?rh=n%3A13880161%2Ck%3Aportable+headphone+amp&keywords=portable+headphone+amp&ie=UTF8&qid=1492094217&sr=8-2-acs

I would look for one with good reviews,
single channel,
cable connection, (Not a Guitar headphone amp, these are MONO not stereo)

Also, its needs to couple up via a headphone jack, not RCA cables.

And last but not lest, if the headphone volume is VERY weak with any set of headphones then the unit could have a problem with its audio amp or its circuit.
The higher the OHM rating on the headphones should mean less power to drive them, has OHM's drop the power draw is greater at the same operating voltage.

Mark

Thanks Mark i may try one aafter Don gets back with his results.I can get some sound but you can not adjust the volume very weak.As i said earlier i read on some of the older forums on this model that they being a higher ohm will not work.Did not explain why or offer any solutions.I have other headphones a set of Fisher headphones that work great.I just like the single cup for people walking up on me.