Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need help on XP Frequency and updates

sidney

I brought my XP last weekend and this Saturday is my first time using it. I can't seem to get the Frequency right. I got 4 then I get 7.8 not 8 and 11.6 for 12 and 17.6 for 18. Is their something wrong with my unit? Do I need to send it back for repair or take it back where I brought it. Can someone please tell me how do I get the correct frequency that says in the user's manual? 4, 8, 12, 18.

My other question is how often should I up date the XP ? How long does it take to do it? And Can I use my I pad to do it ? Or do I just used my computer? Desk top or lap one.

Thanks for your help for I need all the help you can offer me on this new toy of mine.

Happy Hunting and the best of luck to all.

there is nothing wrong with your Deus. The manual just rounds off the frequency as do most people when they refer to the frequency. The readings from the control unit are correct and there is no need to adjust them.

no need to update if you have version 2 firmware. version 3 is suppose to be out late this year.

Welcome Sidney,

I've only had my Deus a month but I think that I can answer your questions. The frequencies are approximations so 7.8 or 7.9 is referred to as 8Khz so there is nothing wrong with your equipment and minor deviations in frequency 0.1 or 0.2 should have little effect. XP allows you to make minor frequency changes to help reduce or eliminate EMI interference.

When you power on your Control unit, you should see Deus (Version). The latest version is 2.0 so if you see this then there is nothing to update at this time but keep your eye on this forum because version 3.0 will hopefully be out in a few months. You should have received a USB - mini connector for updating the Control unit, so you can only update it via computer. Any Windows based computer, laptop or desktop, should be fine.

Best regards and happy detecting.