Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need help with 1265X

A

Anonymous

I have a 1265X which I purchased new back in 88. It has seen very little use. I've never had a problem with it until the other day. I took the machine out of it's cabinet and it did not work. I thought the batteries were dead and left the machine turned on as I was watching TV. After maybe five or ten minutes, the machine slowly started coming to life. It actually started working again. I figured the batteries were at fault and replaced them. Now, it won't work at all. It's seems like it isn't getting any power. Anyone got any ideas? Where's the best place to send it for servicing? It went bad sitting in the locked cabinet. It never failed me before and I have no idea what happened. I'd be greatful for any advice or help. Thanks...Ed Carneal in VA.</STRONG>

Might try cleaning the battery holders. Would take the coil off and clean the connectors also..Not a good idea to let batteries in a unit even for the winter. You are lucky they didn't leak and cause major damage..If the above don't work give Fisher a call or E-mail.....

Thanks. I'll try taking the coil off and cleaning the connectors. The batteries have never leaked or gone bad in the detector. I had to order new battery holders a couple of years ago as the old original ones split at the ends.

Try taking the batteries out of the holders and burnish the connectors with an emery board or small file. I have a 1265X that has had the same problem on occasion. Also polish the battery ends with a piece of cloth or burnish them on your pants leg.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Is there anyone other than the Fisher Company who repairs metal detectors?

if its not under warranty check out this site. www.brokendetector.com

check the wire leads on the clips that clip down on the battery holders. I had one go open on me years ago. It had broken under the insulation and you couldn't tell, sometimes it wouldn't turn on right away. I loaned it out to a work mate and it came back with evidence that it had gotten wet. The crack got moist and rotted. As the load continued on the corrosion it would work better for some reason. Anyway long story shortened cut and soldered no issues ever again!

never leave em in, they can reverse polarity even though they dont leak. If this is what happened it might just be a reverse polarity diode or something like it blown. its worth getting a quote.