Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need help with Gold Screamer Power Pack & 5000 setup

Bill D. (VA)

Just got a new 5000 and swapped out the stock lithium battery for the GSPP system. But I seem to be having lots of problems figuring out where to set the amp and getting the machine to quiet down. Unfortunately, no instructions came with the GSPP to assist in setup. I took it today to a site where I had used a borrowed 4000 last year that also had the GSPP and it was very stable and quiet back then. Today with the 5000 I had difficulty even being able to auto tune the machine as all channels had at least some noise. I switched to a less sensitive timing, lowered my gain and stabilizer, etc, but it didn't seem to help. I could switch over to Cancel and it got quieter but I lost most of my depth. I have the knob on my GSPP set about halfway. Maybe that's too high?? Is getting the machine to settle down a combination of setting the amp, gain, stabilizer, threshold and other audio settings? I really need some help with this as the detector is useless as it is now. Guess it could be a problem with the new 5000 or GSPP, but more than likely its operator error. I should note that the first time I used the 5000 with the stock battery is worked fine and was quiet with fairly hot settings. But when I went to the GSPP I can't get it stabilized. Thank you for any assistance ...... Bill

Getting the detector to run smooth should be in the machine settings, try reducing the gain some.

Turning the gain down doesn't help. Its like turning the volume down but you can still hear all the chatter. Didn't have that problem at the same site with the 4000 with the gain turned way up.

Try posting on Rob Allisions forum.

Just to note that an amp will lift all noise, EMI, ground mineralization and machine noise also the amp introduces it's own noise.

Set the detector up with the amp bypassed then turn it on and adjust the amp volume.