Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

need info on scorpion 4 1/2 round coil..please respond

trinity sanders

hey guys what can ya tell me about the 4 1/2 round coil.....ive been told this is a mono coil?...didn't know vlf used mono coils thought all were d/d

VLF coils are either DD or Concentric wound. and consists of two seperate coils one for TX and One for RX. The windings are placed in such a position in relation to each other that zero signal is induced into the RX winding when no target signal is being received which is the position of Induction Balance. The VLF operates on the Induction balance principle and therfore a mono coil cannot work with VLF detectors. Mono coils (A single winding) are used with PI metal detectors.
The VLF coil is fed with a continuous sine wave transmit signal whereas the PI TX coil is fed with a square wave that switches on and off at pre a determined time. During the switch off time the RX coil is receiving a reflected signal generated in a metal target during the TX switched on time. This signal continues to flow for a particular time determined by the target metal type.

HI trinity.

The Scorp 4.5 inch Crossfire coil is a concentric (p/N 2218000 and is a bit touchy in high iron mineralised areas. This coil was replaced by the 3 x 7 DD eliptical which is better suited to mineralised gold field conditions.

The gold. A chap in Adelaide South Australia has a few of these coils available.

I am unable to send you a PM so you will have to do a bit of research to locate this chap but if you google GMC you might find him.

I am not sure if I am allowed to put that info on here so if not, then mangement can delete this post please.

I was told it was a Co-Axial Wound coil. I can't remember if that is the same as a concentric or not?
I do know that if you want to use the 4.5" for Ore Sampling it is the ONLY One that will do the job. You can't use a 6x10 Co-Planer coil/DD Elliptical for Ore Sampling. The send and receive coil field is too narrow to work properly.
The Co-Axial Wound coil has it's field pattern Stacked on top of each other so you can move the sample towards and away from the Center Axis of the Coil and it will register a Positive sound for a Predominance of Metal and reduce the threshold if a predominance of Mineral/iron. The best way to do this is with the OLD Garret Ground Hogs or Master Hunter III's with the Analogue Meter on the box. It is quit surprising how Sensitive the Visual Meters are compared with the Audio output.

Sincerely
Bill "Lost Adams"