Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

need more 2500 tips, please

A

Anonymous

hi everyone.
i recently bought a gti2500 from a friend of mine. it was brand new and he charged me only $350! antway,a while back someone posted a tip on deep coin signals and the 2500. something about if the meter reading is jumping around but the target size and target depth are holding constant at say, 4+ inches,then most likely it's a goodie. ihave found this very helpful and have found coins that i normally would have passed up.
i am just wondering if anyone has any other tips to pulling out deep coins. plaese share your own personal stories or experiences.
Thanks!
HH, Mike

he does work sometimes for the coin dealer here. The dealer came by a GTI 2500. My cousin told him he would try it out, just to makle sure it wasn't any good. The cousin has a GTAx 550 and has hunted his own yard to death. The got a penney signal and started digging. He would dig and check, dig and check. He found the penney at 14". He went and got a tape measure to be sure. Several people on this forum questioned it and I had to get the settings coil size etc. It was this spring and it was really wet. We have sweet soil here so no interence from minerals. I know guys around here that have found coins that deep with Shadow X5's. It may be a rarity but I don't think he is lying about it. I would recommend decreasing sensitivity sliightly in wet soil because I think that the stronger signals may over power the filters and give you a less accurate ID. That's just my thought and not scientific proof. Maybe one of the really techie guys can resopond.
HH

Yeah lowering sensitivity always helps especially in damp or wet soil as this automaticaly increases the target sensitivity.
Bill

I just got a 1500 on thursday and took it out saturday for a few hours. The first hit that I got was a signal that was jumping around from Silver, to nickel readings. I got a good location from the imaging that was "B" sized, but it couldnt really tell the conductivity all that well. I dug it anyway and it turned out to be a 1919 buffalo nickel at about 6 or 7 inches deep. All of the Jefferson nickels I have found have been really strong Nickel readings, so this was kind of interesting. I'm still learning this one myself, so I know your pain.
Jeff

The older nickels were made of nickel, hence the name and the difference in conductivity. WWII nickels were silver.
Bill