Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need new machine and suggestions

xwyokid

Never thought I would post a question like this but, I need some suggestions. I have over 20 years of experience detecting. However, truthfully, I have not detected since 2004. My beloved detecting partner, (my brother) passed away unexpectedly in 2004. Shortly thereafter I sold all my machines. Now, his oldest son is lighting a fire under me as he wants to start using his dad's old machines. I will, hopefully travel to California sometime this year and detect with him. Currently I'm looking for something in the $500-$700 range. Money is no problem but, I don't want to spend too much for a machine that won't see much use. Although I live near Richmond, VA. hunting partners are hard to find and getting permission has proven, for me, impossible. Honestly, there are some many new machines my head is spinning reading and watching videos. I need a good coin machine. HELP PLEASE!!

Never thought I would post a question like this but, I need some suggestions. I have over 20 years of experience detecting. However, truthfully, I have not detected since 2004. My beloved detecting partner, (my brother) passed away unexpectedly in 2004. Shortly thereafter I sold all my machines. Now, his oldest son is lighting a fire under me as he wants to start using his dad's old machines. I will, hopefully travel to California sometime this year and detect with him. Currently I'm looking for something in the $500-$700 range. Money is no problem but, I don't want to spend too much for a machine that won't see much use. Although I live near Richmond, VA. hunting partners are hard to find and getting permission has proven, for me, impossible. Honestly, there are some many new machines my head is spinning reading and watching videos. I need a good coin machine. HELP PLEASE!!
Just a thought ... Were there any of the detectors that you sold that you really liked as coin shooters? If there was a favorite coin machine from your past, it may help narrow the search and point towards a similarly featured detector or even a good used one.

Just a thought ... Were there any of the detectors that you sold that you really liked as coin shooters? If there was a favorite coin machine from your past, it may help narrow the search and point towards a similarly featured detector or even a good used one.
That was exactly what I had in mind, too.(y)

The best coin shooter I ever owned was an Xterra 70. Well, after much consternation I pulled the trigger on an Equinox 600 last night. It should be here Thursday. I should have some knowledge of it by Sept. and hopefully on my way to California.

Equinox love mine! I just lost my brother 3 years ago in a car accident sorry to hear about your brother mine was just getting into detecting and we had just had a great afternoon detecting together when he was in a accident on his way home..
Mark

I’m with you on the xterra 70. I think I may even have bought or sold some xterra accessories to you before. I just got a 800 and have only used it a few times. And I can tell you it is deeper and way faster. The sounds are almost the same too. Not built as well as the xterra. But I really like it.

You made a good choice, especially if you don’t nugget hunt. The 800 will work for nugget hunting but there are better gold detectors. For coin shooting the Nox is hard to beat with what is on the market.

If you aren't going to use it very often you want something that works without having to get a degree in it...and you can find good used models that you can buy with confidence.

The Fisher F75 LTD with DST is a killer unit and my favorite and comes in multiple coil packages.
The Minelab ETRAC is another killer unit and another favorite. You can find good used ones at decent prices.
also...the Nokta IMPACT is another top unit that really grows on you and is easy to use. You can buy the pro package deal brand new for less than $550. The Price / Value ratio is unbeatable right now.

I own and use all of these, plus others, and these would be my top three recommendations. Easy to use, top performer, flagship models, that are like riding bicycles if you need to let sit in your closet for six months at a time then pull out and use.

Good luck,

HH
Mike

Equinox love mine! I just lost my brother 3 years ago in a car accident sorry to hear about your brother mine was just getting into detecting and we had just had a great afternoon detecting together when he was in a accident on his way home..
Mark
So sorry about your brother at this time thousands are passing away with this Virus so sad things will never be the same again:( God's word says Life is like a Vapor here one minute and gone the next.