Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need some local Florida advice.

A

Anonymous

I've already mentioned that I will be on the Florida coast for a couple of weeks in April. I had been planning to hunt the E coast from Sebastian to Ft. Pierce hoping to find something old, even a piece of silver or two.
I am starting to have thoughts that it will be so long after any foul weather and the fact that surf hunting is restricted for most of that stretch, would I be better off hitting the more popular modern beaches and looking for whatever you guys haven't already glommed up?
Along the same lines, what water temps may I expect for that time of year?
I don't have a wet suit. Would jeans and sweat shirt be enough?

Hunting in the surf is only restricted adjacent to the salvage leases (3000 yards from the center of the ballast pile), and only in the water. The beaches that are adjacent to the wrecks are still searchable. However, you are correct that it is way too late after the hurricanes to exercise that advantage. That advantage was lost with a few changes of the tide.
April is about the time for spring dive season to start. The seas will have started to calm, the underwater vis will get better, and the Gulf stream waters will normally start to warm the water surface temp along the coast into the mid 70

The most amazing part to me was the damage that is still aparent. We spent an entire day between Vero Beach and Sebastian Inlet and at one time, didn't see another person for 4 hours. It was amazing. A lot of the beach acesses are still closed because the walk overs are damaged or gone. The condos and beach apartments are vacant because of the damage so the only people we saw were construction workers. The day we were there was very nice but we struck out. Had fun anyway. My advice would be to choose a popular beach and go for modern coins and jewelry or if another storm should come in, then hit the treasure beaches. Good luck therick

Thanks, I guess in the 70 don't sound too bad although water in the 70s is lots colder than air in the 70s.
Looks like I try it in my jeans and tennis shoes until I either can't stand it or I find enough goodies to get some proper surf wear.
Still up in the air whether I'll have a working water detector anyway. Still working on it.
SIG