Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

need technical help with foresCore.

jtalley007

Took the Core for a relic test spin today and now not getting the ground balance beep. Switched coils and locations back to my test plot and still no beep. Changed tracking switch to both on and off, still no beep. Anyone ever had these issues? Nokta reply also appreciated, assuming kellyco services these?
Thanks

Jtalley
The ground balance beep on mine is high pitched and faint, 2 qualities that make it hard for me to hear. I can't hear it well unless I'm wearing headphones. It also comes much sooner than "4 pumps of the coil"
Just thought this may be your issue.
Chip

chip0877 said:
The ground balance beep on mine is high pitched and faint, 2 qualities that make it hard for me to hear. I can't hear it well unless I'm wearing headphones. It also comes much sooner than "4 pumps of the coil"

Chip
Chip, I agree that the FORS CoRe GB alert 'beep' is rather faint, and with my impaired hearing I do need to wear headphones to hear it well. Also, as for the needed number of coil pumps to hear the alert and have a good automated Ground Balance, I have achieved a good GB w/alert in 2 coil pumps to 6 coil pumps, but usually just 2 to 4. It depends upon the ground mineralization present, the coil used, and the time duration or quickness of search coil pumps.

Monte

Similar experience as Monte.

Sometimes a pump and a half gives me a beep. So quick that I will sometimes do it again, thinking theres no way it could have GB'ed that fast.

w

Mine is balancing at 83 in 2-3 pumps. Yes the first couple times I also missed the beep.

No ground minerals to balance?????

Checked it on my plot at home and now its fine. Not sure what happened, may have been the glove I was wearing or not enough minerals. Thanks

I was fiddling with my Core in the yard today, no headphones. I couldn't hear the ground balance beep unless I raised the volume all the way and leaned my head toward the control box. Not an issue with headphones. Without headphones environmental noises covered up the beep.

w

wayne_etc said:
I was fiddling with my Core in the yard today, no headphones. I couldn't hear the ground balance beep unless I raised the volume all the way and leaned my head toward the control box. Not an issue with headphones. Without headphones environmental noises covered up the beep.

w
I don't have a problem at all hearing it when wearing my headphones, either Killer B or Pro Star, however ....

When I read "environmental" it reminded me that with my impaired hearing, I can't hear it well on my FORS Co-Re because I still have the Environmental Cover on mine as it was frosty, foggy and a little rainy when I first got it and assembled the unit, and that cuts in on my hearbility.

Monte

c t said:
What happens if vibrate is turned on?? Does the core. Vibrate on gb? HH c t
When you have Vibration 'On' the unit will vibrate when there is a response that could activate the audio and visual, to include doing an automated Ground Balance.

Monte