Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nel coils v fisher

turkey4

Anyone have experience with the Nel Hunter coil on the f19. I was wondering which one might be better the hunter coil or the Fisher 11in coil any input would be appreciated

Not the Nel Hunter but the Thunder. I kept the 11 DD, not the Thunder. Enough said. :) If it was my money, I'd put it on the 11 DD without any reservations. If you feel like going for a bigger coil for depth later on, you have a lot of options. The 11 DD is the best overall coil on my F19 so far (out of 5-6 coils). When I'm in super heavy trash or near big metal structures in tight places, I prefer a 5 X 10 Detech SEF coil but only in those instances.

I don't think the Nel Hunter will do anything the 11 DD can't do plus if you ever need a fix for the coil, Fisher will take care of you.

I always wanted to like the NEL Hunter due to the name....but alas I have not heard much good from it.

Seems the SharpShooter/Thunder/Tornado get the love while the Hunter is the black sheep of the family. Heard some guys use multiple NEL coils and always bag on the Hunter coil.

I've got both the 11 factory and the Nel Hunter. I'll do another air test tomorrow and post the results. The 5 inch coil is the one that impressed me. I got six inches on a dime, penny and seven on a nickel, quarter. First time out with the 5, I got an 1899 v nickel. First time it with the Hunter

I've got both the 11 factory and the Nel Hunter. I'll do another air test tomorrow and post the results. The 5 inch coil impressed me. I got six inches on a dime, penny and seven on a nickel, quarter.

Nel Hunter 8 penny, 8 nickel, 7.5 dime, 9 quarter
Stock 11 dd 8 penny, 8 nickel, 7.5 dime, 8.5 quarter
Stock 10x5 7 penny/dime 8 nickel /quarter
Stock 5 dd 6.5 penny/dime 7.5 nickel/quarter

Your tests may vary but this it's what I got. I also don't rely completely on air testing but it does give you an idea.