Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEL Tornado Coil On My G2+

MI-AuAg

I recently got a NEL 12"x13" Tornado for my G2+.

The primary goals were better coverage, while still retaining good sensitivity to small/tiny targets while hunting freshwater beaches, sports fields etc. Any extra depth would be a bonus, as long as I still had good small target sensitivity, along with the better coverage.

So far, so good! Better coverage was a sure thing. Sensitivity to very small targets seems quite good so far. There seems to be a bit better depth in many targets I've dug so far, but, it's difficult to quantify in specifically how much, in real world ground conditions compared to air tests, so I won't even try to give a number.

Ther extra weight/size was easily managed for me and didn't put the feel or balance of the machine out of whack.

This is my second NEL coil, the first, a Snake coil for my F75. I'm pleased with the performance, and build quality of both!

The F19 and G2+ retain sensitivity to small low to mid conductors even with the bigger coils. I have a Detech Ultimate on my F19 most of the time and I still find mini washers, mini clothes buttons, super small pieces of foil, small zipper pulls, pins, needles, etc. It's a little less sensitive to the ultra small than say the 5X10 DD or even the 11" DD but it's very close.

Funny you mention "mini washers" dfmike.

On my first trial run with it in an area pretty heavy with iron, that I wouldn't normally try a large coil out in, I did indeed find a VERY tiny washer. I believe it was brass, possibly from a clock or something. It couldn't have been more than 1/8" or 3/16" in diameter. I had a hard time finding it once I dug the plug, even with a pinpointer. It banged out a strong tone and ID response. That, and a few other tiny targets impressed me with the coils sensitivity.

It was actually much better than I expected in the heavy iron trash too. I pulled quite a few good targets co-mingled with ferrous trash within the same hole. Very impressed with both coil and machine in that environment!