Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nel Tornado Coil Update

miserman

I posted in October about having Ground Balance problems with the 12"X13'' Nel Tornado coil on the F75. After several factory resets,the problem of not ground balancing properly seemed resolved only to return again on my next hunt. The Nel coils come with a 2 year warranty and have a service representative in Massachusetts. After contacting them about the problem I sent them the coil and promptly received a new one 9 days later. The replacement coil works great and after several hunts with it I have not had any problems. Hats off to the Dealer representatives for their great service. The coil is very stable and the small amount of extra weight is only somewhat noticeable. I had a chance to use it yesterday at a 1903 school house that is now a Grange Hall. I have hunted this site 5 times now and the last time I hunted there I used the "scrubbing" method with the stock 11" coil and recovered several older coins at 8-9 inches. Yesterday after 5 hours using the Nel Tornado I was able to recover several more coins that were in the 9" range. As usual these deeper coins gave "quiet" lower than normal readings in the mid 50's to the low 60's while hunting in All Metal Mode. Having hunted this small site several times before and with the very "quiet" deep signals,I'm thinking the larger Nel coil made the difference. The 1874 Indian has only a small amount of wear and in the past,two Indians that I dug from this site were from the 1860's, so there must have been something that predated the 1903 schoolhouse. The flat coin is an Indian Head with the reverse shield partly visible, and was found at the same depth as the other Indian Head...... Thanks for looking

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_500.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_500.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Anytime you find a coin 150 years old it's a good day metal detecting, that could have easily been a 1871 seated half dollar but then that would have sent you to the emergency room LOL. Nice day detecting miserman.

What kind of day do they have when a coin might be.......2000 years old? :confused: