Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nestor C ... a follow up to your weapons response to my little rant a day or two back ....

mot in victoria

Good post ..... I had a cartoon that I can't find now, that had a lawn sign pointing over to his anti-gun neigbour; pretty much saying .... help yourself ! Loved it !

I've owned several revolvers and many long guns over the years; I no longer hunt, nor do I own any shooting irons at this time.

Today, in Canada, I would be wary of stepping out the door, in daylight anyway, with even a cased long gun; some paranoid old lady, would sick the law on me ! Truth !

Out in rural areas, a slightly different story, but rifle or shotgun must be in a case while being transported in your vehicle ! Way things are going though, even here in staid ol' Canada, I'm thinking I will get back in, and pick up at least a target type hand job and a high power .22 for edible critters ! Forgetting about politics, I'm thinking that if/when that promised mega quake ever comes, the Pacific coasts will become mighty dangerous with human predators everywhere ! I do not wish to be a victim !

Hang in there, don't let some damnfool political leftie take away your rights; history has proved that you'll never get them back !

Vern, that is beautirful. Thanks for a great photo. My sentiments,. excactly.

Mot,

Sounds like your gun laws in Canada resemble those, to some degree, in Illinois. If I buy a rifle in Illiniois, I have to transport it in a case of of some sort in the trunk back home to Missouri.- Things got really, really creepy a few years ago, under then Republcian governor. They were sending undercover cops into the gun shows in Collinsville, and Belleville, Ill, just across the river from St. Louis, and trying to get gun show exhibitors nailed to the wall

The shows would be packed. Maybe one, or, two exhibitors operating a table.... If I walk up and picked up box of ammo, without showing him my MO Drivers License, and under cover state cop would nail him. If i showed him my license, looked at a box of ammo, then set it down to shake yoru had as you came up to the table, then, turned around and picked up it, or, another box of ammo without showing him my MO Drivers License again, they would nail him. If I were an Illlinios resident, I would have to show him my FOID card. That was under a Republican.

One exhibitor, a former Marine, like myself, and I became friendly. He set up video cameras at his booth. The state cops raised holy hell. They didn't want any video evidence, as they were harrassing him and trying to set him up. He loaded ammo for many Illinois police departments, but that didn'tmatter.... that didn't spare him from their dirty tricks.

Mot,

Ever watch the RED GREEN show? Pretty darn funny.

Yep, probably a .22 and even a .410 for small critters, might not be a bad choice. Down here, I just hope that they will leave us alone. One talk show host claims that their prupose is to provole us into some sort of confrontation, or, even a civil war.

I don't know about that. Can't read their minds. I just want to be left alone, and am willing to let others be. If we are not allowed to be in peace, then, whatever happens, happens. No way to prevent it, nor, stop it after it gets going. I just hope that they aren't as stupid as those in the Bush government who were told that Iraq would be a "Slam Dunk." None of them had been to war. Not many in this government who have, either.

Idiots aplenty all around us.

Agree ..... a .22/410 would be a great choice; Savage used to make one I think, also a high power .22/30-30 combo. I thought that only Canada was well down that road to " wussidom ", sounds like the US has some patchy areas.