Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Never had one

GazinUK

Just picked up a new 705 dual coil pack, that works out to about $315.
Not new to minelabs but any dos or don'ts with this machine?

Congratulations! You now own the best kept secret in metal detecting.
Best advice I can offer is, run GB Tracking ON, and sweep speed should be around 1ft/second. The machine should run very stable, not chatty.

Good luck! If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask.

Will do, thanks.
Seeing that you're in the UK, and probably interested in searching for ancient artifacts so you'll dig everything, I would recommend that at some point you experiment with Prospector Mode w/Iron Mask. It will take some getting used to since it's a no-motion VCO w/o TID, but it will see deeper, and with the IM cranked up it will discriminate iron but not non-ferrous targets. You'll want to turn up the threshold enough to be able to clearly hear the null when it hits on iron, and when you encounter a potential target you can switch back to C/T Mode to see if you can get an ID.

In any case, let us know how you're getting on with your new weapon. It's a great addition to any detecting arsenal.

Did a quick air test with both coils and wasnt impressed, dont all start shouting, I know its meaningless but, as I was shutting it down I noticed tracking was on, would that have made a difference? Didn't have time to try again.
Seeing that you're in the UK, and probably interested in searching for ancient artifacts so you'll dig everything, I would recommend that at some point you experiment with Prospector Mode w/Iron Mask. It will take some getting used to since it's a no-motion VCO w/o TID, but it will see deeper, and with the IM cranked up it will discriminate iron but not non-ferrous targets. You'll want to turn up the threshold enough to be able to clearly hear the null when it hits on iron, and when you encounter a potential target you can switch back to C/T Mode to see if you can get an ID.

In any case, let us know how you're getting on with your new weapon. It's a great addition to any detecting arsenal.

Did a quick air test with both coils and wasnt impressed, dont all start shouting, I know its meaningless but, as I was shutting it down I noticed tracking was on, would that have made a difference? Didn't have time to try again.
Ground Balance always makes a difference, which is one of the reasons air tests are about useless for anything beyond hearing what the tones sound like. The machine needs something to ground balance to.
Aside from that, Tracking shouldn't have a thing to do with it.

If you watch ground balance on a Gold Bug Pro in all metal, you will see it go to very low numbers when over good targets. Air testing while in self tracking mode will try to balance to this low setting and will eventually track it out, giving no depth. That's why numerous manufacturers recommend default ground balance when air testing.