Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New 11" coil showing only partial charge

Chiloquin

Hi all. Just got my new 11" coil and charged it fully, and paired it to the controller. The charge indicator on the controller and backphones only show a partial charge. Has anyone else noticed this, or did I do Something wrong?

Thanks in advance for the input,

Mike

I had a similar experience with the stock coil when it first arrived. I charged the controller and coil but the coil only showed about 2/3 of a charge. After spending the first day out in the yard for about an hour I recharged the coil again and it then showed full charge. I have a good electronics background and for the life of me can't really explain it but would suggest you try using it for an hour or so and then try recharging.

AnthonyD,

Thanks for the advice. I Hunted with the new coil today and am letting it stay on the charger for the night. It lasted for several hours hunting with good depth and signal separation. It's likely a fluke of the new coil. As long as it hunts for at least 8hrs or so I'm thus far very happy with it.

Mike

I had the same observation with my new 11" coil first time out a full day. But after some charges it like been better. But yesterday it did the same. ! (Battery indicator shown low after only 2 hours out)
Hasn't found out why. Maybee this ! The new type Li-po cell in the 11" coil need more power and when we are charging all three units at the same time, the coil dosn't get 100% voltage to fill up. But If we charge the coil alone, it will Be okay. ? Why ! The charger is Maybee to small. That could Be a guess.
First I thought it had something to do with the cold weather... But that theory seem not Be the case with mine.
To Deus Freinds got similar problems with the new 11" coil.

When you first pair it up, the controller software has no idea if the coil is fully charged until it goes through one charge cycle.
This was a problem with 3.0 displaying correct charge status. 3.1 or 3.2 fixed the issue but the controller still has to calibrate to the new coil.

Thanks all for the input. I charged it again after I "ran it down" hunting. I'll see what today brings. HH
Mike

The comments about the coil charging on a new coil is correct . . . . the battery needs to be run through a full cycle to help the circuitry monitor the battery charge level. Even the 11"x13" coil will do the same thing and there were early postss here that covered the same observation.

I suggest that users charge the 11" coil by itself until you see the solid light go to flash. Then hunt with it. Don't recharge it after an hour or two. After a few hours of use, recharge all three components and you should see the battery indiicator showing the strength of all three correctly.

Let us know if this helps

Andy