Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New 705?

JaWi.

Had one before and let it go for no good reason other than had to try something else. I have a Equinox 800 and it is my go to machine, like it alot. Right now I'm looking for a second machine for coin and jewelry hunting. The 705 is getting my interest again. I remember it as being a smooth runner with good ID. I've also had a MXT and that was a good unit for me also. Wondering what you all might think about the best 2nd detector for me? I also was thinking of another Equinox which I could mount my 6in. coil on and leave it. But it's really not a big deal for me as I have it mounted on it's own lower rod and switching is not a big deal. So I guess I'm thinking of a different detector which would give me a different look . Your thoughts please. Thanks Joe

I’ve seen video that show the Equanox was more sensitive and locked on better than the 705 ,But that was an AIR test and sometimes are not accurate. Waterproof/rain and not waterproof on the 705.
If I had the time in life (age) and the money I have the Equanox 800 but that’s not gonna happen.
Also the Equanox is has the multi frequency and on the 705 you have to buy so many coils to do that and as we all know those coils are expensive. Heck with all the coils I have I could pay for half the cost of an Equanox 800 . Lol
Don’t get me wrong the 705 is a great machine (I have the older 70) and is no toy especially if you learn it well thanks to this board and Digger, 7centsworth and Old Longhair.
I have been on this board for years and funny thing is in the last year I’ve thrown out everything I learned and relearned that I was doing things wrong, live and learn I guess.

Your Friend; Doug

What kind of hunting do you do Joe? The reason I ask is because the 705 is easily kept within budget by tailoring your coil selection around that.

FWIW, the 705 is way more versatile, weighs less, and requires fewer batteries than the MTX. To me it's not even a contest as to which I would pick, and it would compliment your Equinox nicely. There is a distinct advantage to having both a multi-freq machine and a single frequency, especially if they share some of the same or similar attributes....like their audio response.