Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New and needing some advice

sc14fan

Hello- I am 6 months new to relic hunting. My girlfriend got my an Ace 250 for fathers day and I ve been going as much as possible. I live in Spring Hill, Tn and Ive only lived here about 6 years. I work with a guy thats been doing it for 20 years, he carries me sometimes but I sute he dont wanna carry me to his "good" places. I want to find some of my own places. Im from Cullman Al and wondered how to get some 1878 homesite maps from there since I know no one here to go with. I have a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old and Im divorced, this is the perfect thing for me to keep the fact that I dont get my children everday off my mind. Its a real piece of mind to go. Any help of suggestions of how to get those msps from Cullman or if anyone close to Spring Hill needs a partner to go sometime, I would be gracious. I really have found a hobby I sincerely love, and I even got my boys interested in The Civil War. Thanks for any help. Shannon

search the library of congress for local maps and news papers from days gone by from towns in your area. you can search by date and key word such as county fair and find where the old county fair grounds was located or where battles took place hope this helps and good luck>

I posted this in a post about hunting farm fields below

look at this site, some good maps, Virginia, Georgia, Alabama,Tennessee and others

alabamamaps.ua.edu/historicalmaps

you might find something to help you

Richard

I think your're in a pretty good area, Shannon. Your online state historical society probably has some good info and maps of the area too - you'd be surprised - Good luck, and let us know how you do.