Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New CZ3D's

jim tn

Anybody on here of late purchased a brand new CZ3D? I know all about the Tom tuned CZ's, but a guy could grow old waiting for the right one to come up....and I am already old. Anyway, was just wondering how the new 3D's performed depth wise. I had a F T one about 2005/2006 and as I recall it was fine. Then the F 75 came along. Had a 6a also back in the 90's. Anyway, just wondering! Thanks, HH jim tn

Have not had a 3D (have two 6A's and a 20, and had a 5) ... but having read a lot of comments, I'd expect a new 3D to be comparable to any of the CZ's. There is some variability from unit to unit as to depth; some may be a little hotter than others; but they normally hit deep targets well. As you have a lot of time on the F75, one thing I will say is that when you go back to a CZ, you want to slow down. The F75 seems to ID better with a fast sweep. The CZ may not process a target with a fast sweep. Slow down.

Hope someone with a 3D chimes in!

Thanks tvr, I remember the "slow down" about the CZ's. I just kind of have a hankering to try one one more time. HH jim tn

Los Banos units are more likely to be hot than El Paso ones, a decent percentage of Los Banos Dankowski tuned units hit the magic 12 inch mark, but you see few El Paso units that do. That's not a hard and fast rule, though.

Thanks marcomo, thats what I was wondering and suspected. The one I had was a 1021 serial number. I recently missed a Tom tuned one that Tom certified at 11 +. HH jim tn

I have a FT CZ-3D that is a 12.1" unit. I got lucky as had the guy selling it air test it before buying it. I sent it to Tom anyway as the categories were off some. He tweaked another half inch or so out of it but it was farely hot from jump. At the time Tom said it was the hottest FT one he ever tuned so they are out there. I wish all new ones were like that as like to get a new one with full warranty.

Thanks, the F T one I had air tested about 11" as I recall and it was purchased new from a dealer. So, you are right, there are some good F T ones out there. HH jim tn

To be honest any CZ that is 11" or more is a hot one to me. I would be plenty happy with a New one with full warranty that hit a dime at 11".

I'm with you Harold. If I could be assured of getting a 11" tested new one, I would go that route. Ran into a fellowing several years ago now swinging a 3D one day and his air tested 8-81/2", so, back then anyway, not all were created equal. HH jim tn

Are you listening First Texas? You would sell a ton of them if they all were 11" on a dime if you even care anymore.

I know Dave Johnson found the old Fisher calibration specs and those that then came out were the better testing F T one's. Just curious how the new ones test today? HH jim tn