Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Deus on the way and a question.

scott2433

The tracking info says that my new Deus will be delivered tomorrow. I'm so wiggly I doubt I'll be able to sleep tonight!!!

I have hunted mostly with Whites (with a short time of E-Trac thrown in) and most recently with an MXT which I became very familiar with the audio on so hopefully the transition will be fairly easy going to the Deus since I already have an idea what a "round" tone sounds like. I probably shouldn't be asking questions until I have at least received the machine and read the manual but I keep reading about hunting in 12kHz then switching to 4kHz to check the target. Could someone please describe to me what you are looking for (or listening for) when you verify a target in this manner. I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere but I got tired of going through other posts trying to find it.

Thanks in advance and I am glad to be joining the Deus family.

Scott

I hunt in 12 Khz and verify targets in 4 Khz with my Deus. The reason that I use that method is to weed out rusty bottlecaps and other junk. Unfortunately in 12 Khz a rusty bottlecap will read 91 or 92 alot of times just like a quarter would read. In 4Khz a quarter will read 82 and a rusty bottlecap will show in the 90's or not give a TID # at all and the left side of the horseshoe will indicate iron. I verify almost all my quarter and dime signals to eliminate a lot of junk. I have extensively tested this method and when my 4Khz program does not give a correct TID the item has always been junk. There have been a few occasions where the target will read good in 4Khz and still be junk but not very often. I hope this helps but you will understand more when you receive your detector.

Scott the only way to really learn it is to get out and use it. I am not sure anyone can accurately describe it on a post. Feel free to give me a call with questions.

Thanks Pescadore, that is exactly what I was looking for.

I understand that I won't understand it until I use it, I was just looking for a general understanding of what guys were doing when switching fequencies. I will probably take you up on your offer of help, Thanks.

To make things better, we got a really good soaking rain today so I might actually be able to dig past two inches.

you can conjure up what freques you want after you get some experience in ....its all very soft