Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

new gold bug pro-does not work.

rockpup1

Well just got my new gold bug pro.Just to find out its not working.Well I am not impressed at all-not a good sign for a new machine,get it and it doesnt even work.Kinda had my worries about buying a new fisher-guess i was right.My first brand new machine on top of it all.

Now I have to wait more,get another machine-hopefully it works.At least the dealer is gonna give me a new one-send him the old one.Plus pay for shipping.

Sorry to hear that but it can happen with any brand of detector.----Sounds like your dealer is taking fine care of you.----You will like the GBSE, it's an excellent machine.---------Del

I've owned Fishers since the 1220-X came out. Heck, I can't remember how long ago that was....................

I think it ran on "C" cell batteries it was so long ago. :rolleyes:

Just kidding.

Anyway, since then, I have owned Fishers in this succession:

1220-X
1260-X
1265-X
1266-X
CZ20
F75
F75 Ltd.

And yes, I'm a relic hunter. :drinking:

I can guarantee you I wouldn't continue buying them if I weren't pleased with their construction, performance, and customer service.

I've read posts on other detector forums where buyers have had issues over the years with this or that manufacturer over quality control. Without elaborating further, I think I can safely say that Fisher's quality control is pretty good.

Don't let it jade you on Fishers. I think you'll be pleased when you get your new machine.

Hope this helps.

I bought a brand new White's in '71 when I was on my honeymoon. It had a cold solder spot but they took care of it and it worked great long after that.

As a Tesoro Dealer for many years I had a few that arrived that didn't work, or work properly. Two I had them fix and a couple I took care of myself. To this day I can pick up several brand new Tesoro models and they won't work right out of the box, at least not properly in my bad ground.

I acquired a new Bounty Hunter about '98 that was faulty, but the dealer took care of the problem.

I have had a new Compass that had the TID display needle lock up on it.

I had brand new White's 6000 Pro XL that kept cutting out on me that I bought brand new. I took it and a new, unboxed Classic III SL I picked up the day before vacation. I kept having problems with the 6000 Pro XL and the 6

dont think its just fisher!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it happens!

OK i did a dumb thing.I put the battery in wrong. Yup duh. I feel real real stupid...........................
I put battery in right this time and Played with the + button ITS WORKING.
The touch button musta needed working in? I dunno its working fine now and did not before-hopefully it stays like that !!!!!

My dealer was real cool and even mike at fisher is real cool.

I am taking my chances and hopefully it stays working.

Gonna call the dealer and let him know whats up.Everyone is super when it comes to getting it fixed or swaped thanks guys!

So sweet. I guess I got lucky and its working A-1. I took her into the backyard and my yard is real bad EMI.Its so good. Loves nickles. Good airtest and even finding things in my yard other machines would not even read.I can run it full gain and its a little noisy because of all the EMI in my yard but still useable.Some machines like my old spectrum would freak out in my back yard even on low sensativity.my Infinium is the worst for this with big coil.

I am going to be real happy with this machine.So far it is everything I wanted in a machine.

Sounds like every machine can have problems.I bought the goldbugpro because it has the least amount of complaints out of any new machine.It has more positive things by far than negative things.

The snow is allmost all gone and SO SO happy I have the new goldbug pro.I plan on heading to the gold fields asap.

we are all getting older,and the possibility exists that you misread the positive ,and negative locations inside the battery area!
no big deal,as you discovered it,and now you are "ready to rock!"..just sayin!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

WTG on your new GoldBug rockpup! I new you would like it. Tonight I'll get to the RM7 and see if the mother board works in another machine, I've bee pretty busy lately. Keeps us posted what you find with your new machine. :thumbup:

HH

PennyFinder

Glad to hear the RM7 is in the right hands.Hope it works well for you.I think I will miss the TR on it-very good on our clad.

The fisher is HOT-smoking hot.....Love it.......I think it will out perform the MXT in my area's for gold and relics.
Next up 11" coil-watch out silver coins!

Check out this little ity aluminium/zinc? slag. hit hard in disc at 40 and 80 senestivity.Its hot even in the disc mode.Gonna try the all-metal with some real gold see what happens!