Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New guy here from WI

BensJamming

Hello everyone. New here, just registered tonight. I have been in the market for a detector for a couple months now. More or less just reading reviews, other peoples opinions, experiences, etc.... I have set a budget for myself of around $350. Seems to be a dead spot in detectors once over the $200 mark until you get to almost $500. Don't think I can drop 500 on one right now but feel for the money I have to spend I should be able to get some decent equipment for me and the kids to get into the hobby.

I have been leaning toward the Ace 350 package that Kelly-co has offered and seems to be the best bang for the buck with included accessories (IE pin pointer, bags, scoops, etc). I know these threads of Which one is for me has been beaten to death but if there is anyone who feels i should go a different route then the Ace 350 please speak up. Like I said I am new and going off what i read on the Internet (Has to be true if its on here right?)

Finally I guess I should introduce myself. Name is Ben, Live in way Northern WI. Have a couple of boys age 14 and 11 and a daughter age 4. We love to be outdoors and figured this is just another thing we can get out and do together. Glad to be here and hope to learn a lot more along the way and even help others when I can.

Thanks and hope to be digging soon as the snow is gone, if that ever happens....

That's a tough one. If that's your budget and sticking too it then you can make it work. Another machine I belive is in that range is the fisher F2 fisher makes good stuff. I seem to belive my buddy got one for under 400 with everything ready to hunt. But your on the right track with the ace and the fisher. Good luck.

Thanks Will, ended up "upping" the budget a little bit and went with the AT Pro, PP, and the Garrett Digger for now. In the process of making some of my own larger digger tools and hope to get out soon to find some goodies. Almost a month though and you were the first and only person to answer my post, so thanks for that.

I was really leaning toward the F2 too, but decided I couldnt go wrong with the ATP after my research and think I will be happy that I did.

Nope cant go wrong with that machine. Its top notch. Keep all your clad and next year come over to the dark side Minelab!!!!! Mwuah ha ha. Just kidding Garrett guys.