Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New infinium question/problem

Bill D. (VA)

Just received my new Infinium in the mail last week, and took it on a test run at the beach yesterday. Learned a lot and had a great fun trying to learn all the new sounds and how to interpret. However, when I turned the unit on today after only 3 hours of use since opening the box, I noticed that I got only 1 beep for battery strength. Can't believe it eats batteries that fast. I thought that maybe the factory-furnished batteries were maybe old, or I possibly left the detector on last nite. However, when I pulled the battery pack just now and checked it with a voltmeter, it indicated a full 12V. So is this battery beeping indicator not reliable? Anyone else had this problem? Appreciate any comments on this.

No...mine always reads more then one beep if charged. Perhaps you did leave it on, or maybe you hadn't charged it long enough. Perhaps one cell is defective, and although it reads 12 volts DC, it may drop quickly once a load is put on the batteries. Try a different set of batteries like alkalines, which you should carry with you anyway, just in case you have a problem....which you apparently had. Good luck.....let me know how you made out.

using those green NIMH batteries,than pitch them and get some higher MA rechargeables or use some good alkalines.

I always charge my batteries the night before going out to hunt. In the morning the battery pack is warm and lasts all day. I think this is true for the older type cells that are still used in some detector battery packs. They don't hold a charge well over several days and need to be trickle charged before heading out.

As some others have just posted, you could also add your own newer type cells too.

Since the detector is new, I would give Garrett (great service) a call to see what they have to say about it. It's possible that your battery pack is defective and needs to be replaced.

They might read 12v without a load on them, but as John said, a defective cell could drop the voltage causing this type of issue.

Thanks!!! :thumbup: