Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New kid on the block

A

Anonymous

Whites has a simpler, lower cost version of the MXT called the MATRIX MX-6,operating at 15 khz [currents loops should work], with the MXT advanced ground track. Meter reads from 0 to +95 so there is no compressed notches and you can finesse your targets. just a bit of info; Sugg. retail is $699.95, so it should be a good discount price.

Hi vlad,

It is the Matrix M6. It operates at 14 kHz and shares coils with DFX/MXT. Suggested retail is $699.95.

I have one and it is essentially an MXT stripped down to Coin & Jewelry Mode only with silent search single tone or seven tone audio. The unit sports the new 950 coil replacement and is mounted on the Pro series rod with round grip and trigger post.

It is a nice unit, basically a response to those that wanted a smoother operating MXT with tone id for coin and jewelry detecting. I just wish it had independent notching instead of the linear disc knob. The preset tab notch from the MXT C&J Mode is not included with the M6.

Steve Herschbach

Hi vlad,

Normal center trigger position is the single tone search mode. Trigger locked forward is 7 tone audio. The preset tabs notch on the MXT is missing on the M6.

Steve Herschbach

that the M6 can handle black sand saltwater beaches. Will you be testing the M6 in a location with those characteristics to be able to confirm this? Being a single freq, I am quite dubious of that claim.

HH
BarnacleBill

I will be taking the M6 to Hawaii later this week for my Christmas vacation. Worst combination of basalt mixed with coral sands and salt water I know of.

My main unit is the White's Surf PI Pro. The M6 will be mostly to just play with trying to hit smaller targets up in drier sand. I do not think the M6 is much more than a tweaked MXT and so some claims being made about it being much better on silver or much better on the beach than the MXT... well let's say I'm not expecting any real performance difference compared to the MXT.

What I do expect is a smoother operating unit that may be more fun to use for just coins and jewelry than the MXT. I'll be using it with the 10" Eclipse DD and Shooter DD. But I still wish it had notching.

Enough of this here. This is the X-Terra Forum and I think this is better off over on the White's Forum.

Steve Herschbach

At least in my area. Many tabs come in outside the notch.

Hi Rudy,

I agree. I want 100% adjustable independent notch. Use it if you wish, or leave it off. Your choice.

Steve Herschbach

Hi,

I'd get paid more money sending these to magazines, but I'm too lazy. Still, with photos it took me two hours to write so maybe I'd better start getting paid for it. Check it out at http://www.findmall.com/read.php?25,252314

Steve Herschbach

Since the freq is higher, the M6 must hit gold better but the XTerra should hit silver better, but then, with the higher freq coil on the XTerra, then I guess they should run close on gold, how far off am I? Thanks, John