Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Products From Garrett 2016 - Machines And ATX Coils

So obviously, something got delayed as we are past what most people would consider midyear. Anyone know what's the new release date for the closed Coils?

My understanding is they still aren't being distributed and no official word on what the hold up is or how much longer the delay will be.

In case anyone else runs into this post while trying to research or figure out if and when Garrett will be introducing new coils, specifically closed coils, I thought I'd let you know what I figured out. First, most dealers and or Customer Service reps at Garrett are not even familiar with any formal Garrett announcement like the link on this post shows (from Jan 2016)... I pushed Garrett to look into this and some rep got very snappy with me. So despite feeling a bit disappointed in how this rep handled my persistent curiousity, I decided not wait to buy and figure I can just buy the new coils once they come out... If ever LOL

I was at a relic hunt DIV 35 and I heard that Garrett was testing a new coil. I have been using the ATX ever since it came out and I am looking forward to getting my hands on the new coil that I heard so much about at DIV.
I hunt for relics in very highly mineralized soil where the standard VLF machines can't get the type of depth that you need to be successful. I like all of our fellow ATX users am always looking for a better mouse trap or a
better coil lol and I can't wait until I can get my hands on the new coil.

Yeap, Nugget Noggin is using it on his latest video. Hopefully it's out b4 Christmas and I can add it to my list LOL

Hello Gary judging from your post you have a lot of ATX experience ,, how dose the ATX compare to the Minelab 4500-5000 I did the hot ground of Culpeper & Fauquier county's depth wise?? And disc what's your honest opinion ,,currently own 5000 but like the all weather appeal of the ATX Thanks

Hey Joe:

I wanted to say something here as I spent 4 solid months researching and comparing the ATX to the ML both 4500 and 5000... I obviously decided on the ATX... And perhaps my reason for this decision could help you in some way. First, as you apparently are doing here, I reached out to everyone I could find who own both and watched andvread every comparison I could find. So it was hardly an easy decision. Truthfully one major reason I in the end chose the ATX was due to the fact that I mostly relic hunt, which I wanted to start water and beach hunting too and clearly the ATX has an obvious advantage here. My dilema is I also wanted to do some Nugget Shooting and ML has such a great reputation in gold fields worldwide. However any fair comparison that I found over and over showed the ATX as a formidable competitor in terms of performance even as a Nugget Shooter. In fact, 2 big advantages the ATX has is both, easy use with less parts and wires to navigate and using the standard 12 DD it gets similar depth on large nuggets but even better sensativity to subgram nuggets. Also it the ATX is so much more stable working against RFI/EMI and the GB on the ATX is so smooth and easy with amazing threshhold control. And in the end, value for the money, the ATX definitely wins... With that in mind... I just may step up at some point and decide to own both but only if I ever see and advantage in a ML worth the huge investment.

Hello Desert Detective I appreciate your input and honesty,, I'm still on the fence currently own a gpx 000 but that ATX has always called my name ,, by the way have seen or tried the new 11x13dd coil that's out for the ATX ??
Wondering how much better if at all vs stock coil Thanks joe

Joe:

Sorry for the delay in any reply. Interestingly enough I learned with first hand experience on a recent Nugget Shooting Trip in the Gold Basin Arizona exactly why Garrett is coming out with new closed coils. The current skeleton coils are nice in Water, smothly sifting through water with each swing. The current standard 12" DD coil comes with a skeleton coil cover as well. But when hunting on any heavily mineralized ground, and running the ATX on high sensitivity and no discrimination... anytime, any weed, even a thin blade of grass as an example hits the inside of the coil is gives a faint tone, as if it's a deep target. Although I learned to tell the difference between a real deep target and a false one, it still was quite distracting and slowed my hunt down. I only had the skeleton coil cover that came with it and immediately bought the full/closed coil cover upon my return home from this trip. It makes all the difference in the world, it also skims over the uneven, rocky ground smoothly without getting caught up when using the full coil cover as opposed to the skeleton coil cover. Also, the new standard coil will be a 11"×13" as opposed the the current 12"×10.5", and with 3 years of improved technology it should hit a bit deeper without any compromise to it's current small target sensativity. I hope this explains things and help anyone reading this.

Well, after a year's "delay", here are the new coils on Garrett's web site:

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_atx_searchcoils_en.aspx

Beav