Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to detecting Looking at fisher m scope 1270

Jakebird

Hi there I'm new to detecting and I'm looking at a fisher m scope 1270 brand new for $400. Wondering if this is a good deal, or a machine that would be good to start out with. I plan on doing lots of beach/ and desert region detecting. Any thoughts or suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

I have a 1270.. im by no means an expert but i would say the 1270 is not a good unit to cut your metal detecting teeth on and the main reason i say that is in my opinion it likes iron too much... however if you plan to use it in the desert and dry or freshwater sand and you dont mind digging a fair amount of junk with the good stuff well then ya it could be ok... i converted mine into a freshwater beach hunter and have had great success with it on small gold , of course i dig my fair share of trash but it's worth it in right environment . .. as far as price i think 400 is too high and to my understanding these have been out of production for a long time... the 1270 has its place but im not sure a beginners hands is one of them.... i just think for the money you could do better .. i mean add another hundred bucks and your options are many plus you would have a warranty. ... target ID can help a new person with the learning curve... just my 2 cents... keep doing research and you will probably find a great unit geared towards your type of hunting. ..

Oh and you would probably get a whole lot more responses if you ask this on the metal detecting forum... good luck..