Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to pulse machines

detectorfreak74

Hi folks just got the gpx 5000 any tips on this machine this is my first pulse induction this is a new breed however I have mastered my ctx and etrac just don't get the pulse detectors and also I will be using the gpx for rellic and coin , I live in central utah

Hi i cannot help much with relic hunting or central Utah but i see you have had no replies . Start with factory spree sets then play around with the gain 10 to 14 and stabilizer 12 to 16 run the audio on quiet keep the target volume low 10 to 14 this can make the detector noisy.when using the detector it should be stable.We use them for chasing gold and use special timings/fine gold,For relics you might try enhanced with the iron reject on 2 to 5 with dd coil run in tracking hope this helps good hunting.

Run factory presets,look for the soil timings that give you a stable threshold.
Build you a test garden with coins,relics buried at about 12 inches. Iron at 3 to 4 inches. Work with iron reject to tune your ears on what the machine is processing.
If you are prospecting put in your test garden whatever will mimic a gold signal.
Look on the Minelab website and YouTube for more tips.