Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to the group - just got a 1280x

Pete in MI

and looking forward to getting it in the water. I'm in Lansing, Michigan and have been detecting on and off since the 70s. My other two detectors are green machines (Garrett) and their value dropped so much I can't sell them and get a fair price.

Anyway, have been wanting a 1280x for some time and found one with the hard case and though made in 1993 has only had under 3 hours of use. I belong to the South West Michigan Seek & Search Club (Plainwell, MI).

As soon as my house sells will be leaving Lansing and heading 'up north'.

I have a beach scoop (wire mess basket) that I know isn't good for in the water and with the cost of stainless steel scoops around $130 I'm working on building (at least for temprary use) a 6" PVC scoop. (Made a 4 inch one and it turned out fairly well but thing a 6 inch mouth on it will make recovery even quicker.

Any place sell scoops for less than $130 and are reliable - handle won't break off/back cup won't crush? Let me know.

I think I am going to love this 1280x even more than either of the green machines - and they have been great to me on land.

Hi Pete,

There are several metal scoops that hold up well other than the expensive stainless steel ones. However, if you hunt a lot you will find the better ones are worth the money, they are able to stand up to the rocky bottoms and heavy clay you run into in a lot of lakes.

What area "up north" are you looking at? I'm in Antrim Co and regularly hunt the lakes around here.

HH Tom

wife's Mom is getting older and needs some support from us - Lansing is way to far away. My Dad as well is in the Sanford area so be nice to see him more often as well.

Look for the Surfsifter. Sturdy and $80.

http://www.discountdetectors.com/scoops.htm

Hope this helps.

John

Have to wait on another pay check to get it or one similar.