Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Newforce metal detectors made in the late 1990s

straker

I just picked up a Newforce CS-1220XD metal detector. I know that Newforce was created by a merging of Discovery Electronics and C-Scope of England back in the late 1990s. The CS-4ZX and CS-5XZ had the 'SST' LED horizontal bar graph similar to the CoinTrax module Treasure Baron units. The other Newforce models were simply C-Scope units with little or no changes.

Attachments

• newforce-cs5zx-professional-metal-detector-super-hard-to-find-and-sst-technology-22883485.jpg
    newforce-cs5zx-professional-metal-detector-super-hard-to-find-and-sst-technology-22883485.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 285
Quote by JB (MS), Jan 2009
The Newforce models, other than the
Newforce 1220 that was a C-Scope 1220XD with no changes, had a simplified, stand alone version of the
Cointrax module that was built by Discovery Electronics and installed in C-Scope built detectors. Like the
Millennium II Cointrax, e-Class and SST the Newforce models didn't require a baseboard like the modular
Barons do.
Of the too many detectors I've had the two best at detecting small gold chains are the Discovery Treasure
Baron Goldtrax and a Newforce/C-Scope CS- 1220-XD. The Goldtrax is only 12.5 khz, but was designed by
George Payne for nugget hunting and in all metal mode it hits even tiny chains well. It has an iron ID feature
in all metal mode that lights an LED and gives a staccato audio response, and has audio variations that allow
skipping a lot of low conductive trash once you use the AM mode enough to hear and understand them.
Example, a pencil erasor band, except those that have been flattened, that normally falls in the foil/nickel
range gives a smoother, longer response than jewelry, or coins, and small foil will give some rather strange
audio responses if you swing over it three or four times. Gold jewelry normally gives a hard, fast on/fast off
signal. Really small gold chains give the iron staccato audio, but it's a weaker, fluttery sound compared to the
normal iron audio. Jbird calls it a flatulent sound, but whatever it's called it's a distinctive sound. I still use the
Goldtrax almost exclusively for jewelry hunting.
The 1220-XD runs at 17 khz and has a mode C-Scope calls the Meter/Audio mode. The meter swings left on
ferrous targets, right on nonferrous targets and the audio in that mode is pretty awesome. The tone goes from
a deep, low growl on iron, and some really tiny or deep targets, up through what I can best describe as a high
pitched scream on larger, high conductive or shallow targets. I found a couple of tiny chains with one that
gave a flat audio response and the meter basically didn't move. The small chain in the photo was found with
the 1220-XD, three inches down in sand at a school playground. It's the deepest small chain I've found, but it
still has both connectors on it so that helped. The 1220 is a nonmotion detector that has two TR disc modes
and a preset ground balanced all metal mode in addition to the Meter/Audio mode. It works well in mild
ground, not so good in tougher ground and requires a lot of attention to keeping the coil level and the same
distance from the ground.

Attachments

• C.SCOPE-1220-XD-intero.jpg
    C.SCOPE-1220-XD-intero.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 384
  • 1220XD-control-head.jpg
    1220XD-control-head.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 362
Lower metal detector shown is what I have. Thanks for the info,Sven!

Attachments

• 1220cscope.jpg
    1220cscope.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 288