Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nice day with the Deus

DirtAngler

Great weather today and had permission to hunt a yard where the house was built in the '30's. Set up a program for depth by adjusting to very low discrimination, increased sensitivity, and low reactivity number. As expected, like all older houses in this area, the yard was loaded with iron trash. Set notch at 0-30 to quiet things down. This made a big difference and didn't seem to affect depth but I was still digging rusted cut nails at 8" but knew I'd be digging junk as I considered the possibility of relic type finds here. Only found .37, 2 1940 date wheats at 6 inches, 1 1965 quarter at 4 inches and a 1970 dime at 5 inches. Dug a very nice skeleton key at 7 inches with virtually no rust. Can't understand that. Also some type of bracelet at 5 inches but it is fairly corroded. Did find out a lot about the sounds as I dug plenty of iron trash which I was pretty sure that it was iron due to the high 80's readings but the slight buzz in the audio. Iron audio was at 4. The coins did have the clear crisp tone except for one wheat, which had the iron buzz to it because there were pieces of small rusty nails in the hole with it. Pinpoint also was a big help in sizing the targets but I dug some of these larger than coin pinpoint sizing targets to verify that they were not coins. I don't do pics so sorry about that but learned a lot today from the settings and audio and wanted to share that aspect of the hunt.